Remember that song? I heard it recently and it keeps rolling thru my brain, over and over. And then, just today, it happened!
I am having a Turn-Down Day!
I can’t remember the last time I spent a whole day doing almost nothing. I have nothing on my list to do, and I don’t plan on looking for things to do. I had a hard weekend and today, Monday, is my recuperation day.
All I’ve accomplished today has been:
– Got up way later than I have done in decades, close to 9 a.m.!
– Made my cuppa and sipped it and watched a little TV news.
– Put an old DVD in the player that I hadn’t seen for a few years but that my friend, Margaret, just returned to me (CLOSER w/Julia Roberts/Clive Owen/Jude Law/Natalie Portman). Watched that part way and then paused it.
– Went out and picked up the mail from the post-box.
– Made myself some lunch (A BLT – a real treat).
– Watched the rest of the movie and grooved on the opening and closing song by Damien Rice, which I thought was called “Can’t Get My Eyes Off Of You” but which turns out to be called “The Blower’s Daughter” – I love that song.
– Was almost going to order it on-line but thought, no, I need to curb my spending so I paid a bill instead. A rather large bill, to boot!
– Paid the aforementioned bill – my health insurance for one month, which I am taking over because P. is now on Medicare and I am not old enough for that yet. Yikes, I don’t know how I’ll manage that much every single month!
– Read The Extra Bases blog about the Red Sox (depressing!) and …
– …here I am.
Not a very productive day, but for a rest-and-relaxation day, it is working out nicely for me.
I have many, many projects in this house that need doing, but today, to be honest, I don’t really care. This is my day and doing nothing with it is just what the doctor ordered.