T’was The Night Before Christmas…

Christmas Eve 2010

Some pictures taken on Christmas Eve here at Crow Cottage.

Company hasn’t come yet. We have to go pick them up and bring them here. That means driving in Xmas Eve Shopping traffic right through two very congested cities. But it’s Paul, not me, who has to do the transport. I have done most all my work for this shin-dig.

I’ve got the dessert cupcakes all made and frosted (see pictures above). There are two kinds – butter yellow cake and red velvet cake cupcakes. Both with cream cheese frosting.

I will make two large pizzas for dinner. Tomato, cheese, and pepperoni and possibly some green/red peppers. Nothing too fancy. I don’t have much, if ANY, energy left in me at this point.

I’ve skinned and cooked the shrimps and I’ve made a big batch of Ina Garten’s shrimp cocktail sauce for dipping them. It’s a fabulous recipe, BTW, if anybody wants it. Either ask me or go to Roasted Shrimp Cocktail Recipe for Ina Garten’s recipe.

Next I made some veggie dip with cream cheese and a jar of some Harry & David pepper & onion relish that I got as a gift from my friend Mary (thanks again, Mary! You were right – when I tried it, I did feel like I’d died and gone to heaven!!!). I ordered a vegetable platter (small size) from my food store, and they delivered all my groceries early this morning, right on time. They are a God-send to me.

So that’s the menu folks. Nothing extremely fancy or complicated. We’ll all be wishing we hadn’t eaten so much by the end of this evening. Then we’ll open all those pressies that are under the tree in the living room (also see pictures above). I may wait until tomorrow to give the dogs their pressies (see their stocking hung by the chimney (in the dining) with care, in hopes that the doggy-St. Nicholas would be there…).

We are celebrating Christmas tonight for the first time, rather than on The Day, because Paul has so many customers who wanted lobsters on Christmas Day, he will be down at the harbor weighing them up and raking in the cash for a good part of the morning, so I get to sleep in late for a change. Yay.

Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Bex & Co.

8 Responses to T’was The Night Before Christmas…

1. JJ says:

Lovely…just lovely!

2. sandy from Chicago says:

Everything looks beautiful! I also like the carolers. And the cupcakes!

Merry Christmas to you and Paul

I love those darling carollers. How festive and happy!

Merry Christmas, Bex and Paul!

Looks delightfully festive. Noting that each of the friends-in-fur is occupying the couch, as is right and proper. Everything looks beautiful and bright. And Christmas Day will be the early start of a prosperous new year. Good health and happiness to you all.

5. Thank you for sharing your Christmas festivities with us! Best wishes for Joyous Noel and a Happy New Year! Sleep late and enjoy a relaxing day; you’ve surely earned it. Your house sparkles!!!

6. Betty Lou Parlee says:

Everything lookss beautiful & delicious & Christmasy……Merry Christmas to you and yours.

7. Wendy, NC says:

Glad the canine contingent is well-settled in for the holiday. Best wishes for health and happiness in the coming year.

8. Carol says:

I love the Harry And David dip.
    Everything looks nice.