Seaside Cottage – My Ideal

Forget that big house before. This one below is a lot more affordable and it’s the exact house and situation that I have always pictured whenever I’ve let myself daydream about my dream place to live… honest…click on the little video of the virtual tour – it comes with over 9 acres and 350 feet of oceanfront. Perfection!

VIRTUAL TOUR OF WEST HEAD SEASIDE COTTAGE

Yes, this is THE ONE. Now, how can I get $149,223.50 which is what this would translate to in U.S. dollars? Surely that’s not too much to pay for all this paradise?

Still hoping,

9 Responses to Seaside Cottage – My Ideal

1. JJ says:

Truly a lovely place to live…now you have to make it happen 🙂

Hey, Bex. Have you looked at the MLS for that area? They have houses listed starting at $19,000! Yes, that’s not a typo – $19,000! That’s low enough to just have a place as a vacation cottage.

Go to http://www.mls.ca and when it asks where you want to live just type in West Head Nova Scotia.

Enjoy!

3. Crochetlady says:

Oh, to dream! Not a big house, but space around and a bit of ocean to get to. Never mind the winter and wet-space!!!! (I miss space)

4. sandy from Chicago says:

I wish you could have that house too Bex. I really like it. $149,000 is really reasonable for the house, 9 acres and 350 feet of oceanfront. wow! Following up on what Topsy Turvy asked- if Paul would consider moving, maybe you could sell your house (which I love by the way) and have a good chunk of the payment. Just a thought 🙂

5. Neva Williams says:

What a great place. I wish you could have it.

I’d love to have a house in or near a village, somewhat near Boston … close enough to enjoy the culture of a college town, yet living out in the countryside. Either that, or a New England fishing town. I’d live there all but in winter. (I sometimes get a wee bit homesick)

Yes, we can dream.

Do you want it to be a dream or is there a way to make it reality? If you sold your home then would that give you a reasonable down payment?

You’re lucky in that Paul already does lobstering, so you probably don’t have to worry about the lack of work problem that most people would have living in that area of Canada.

7. Stephanie says:

I can’t believe you can get a house like that for only $149,000! I want to move to Nova Scotia!

Oh yes, Betty Lou, we are definitely used to winter snow. I like it actually, as long as we can stay warm. I took a virtual tour of the town this house is located in and it’s lovely there. Not too fancy, very blue-collar looking with lots of fishing boats, and on the southwest corner of Nova Scotia. I know it’s only a dream, but I can dream, can’t I?

9. Betty Lou Parlee says:

Very nice ! I’m wondering what it would look like in Winter…..Doesn’t it snow there a lot? But you’re used to that. Also, compared to California prices, it is very reasonable. I wish you could just go for it.