Winter Land of Wonder

WINTER 2011

Here we go again! Just when the snow was at a manageable level outside, here comes a Nor’easter Blizzard to bury us all over again. Although it’s not much different from a lot of other areas of the States – and some places down south are just not used to snow at all. What is happening with this poor old world lately?

Dead fish by the thousands.

Dead birds dropping out of the skies in all corners of the globe.

Weather going haywire – snow in warm climes, rain flooding out parts of countries, tsunami’s coming from the skies (my heart breaks when I see photos of the flooding in Australia), earthquakes in weird spots.

It just seems to me that there is a “screw loose” in the world now-a-days, and I’m not sure it is in our power to repair it anymore. I think we may have gone too far. Or maybe this is in the plan, and we have used up our time on earth. Not sure. I would love to come back in 500 years to see what happens…

Meanwhile, our snow is coming down at 1-3 inches an hour here and isn’t supposed to let up for at least another 6 or 7 hours. All we can do is pray the power stays on. It’s already gone out once here but we lucked out and it came back.

Snowy cheers,

10 Responses to Winter Land of Wonder

1. sue says:

The last time we had any snow that was still there the next morning was about Xmas time in 2004.

There’s so much pine straw on the ground that most of the snow creatures kids built looked like the Honey Island Swamp Monster. (Definitely not for Xmas card pictures.)

2. Betty Lou Parlee says:

I feel guilty that we are in the high 50’s here in Northern California, and we had sunshine yesterday, and will have it again all weekend. Your snow pictures look beautiful but very cold. I hope your weather warms up soon.

Our snow is now up to about 7, maybe 8, inches now. Still no comparison to what you’ve gotten. Looks like your forecast is calling for more snow, too. Yikes!

And for the others who asked about our snow. We had about a foot earlier and Paul shoveled a perimeter of doggie paths around the front yard. A couple of hours later, there were no doggie paths and the 2 of us re-shoveled the perimeter paths for them to do their business. They are not happy about the snow – they are both wimpies as regards the winter weather! Imagine? Collies? Geesh!

Carol!!!!! Wow!!!!! I am so happy for you. Will you write more about it on your blog? I don’t do FB or Twitter. I’m dying to hear the details! Wow! Congratulations and best of luck with it!!!

And the Arctic is warming up (poor polar bears!), with the warmer air pushing down the cold air into North America. That’s why our hemisphere is getting some crazy weather. Global warming disrupts weather totally. Maybe those end-of-the-word people aren’t so far off; end of the world as we knew it??

7. Sandy says:

WOW..makes our 9 inches not look to bad now…thanks for the photos.
    Hang in there…spring will come

8. That’s an awful lot of snow! Sure hope you don’t lose the power! Hang on, spring is coming!!!

9. Carol says:

We are covered in snow too.
    Bex I got a kidney transplant last Tues. I wrote in on Face Book and now thought oh Bex won’t know.
    I am doing really well and so happy.

Lookin’ mighty white out there, Bex. How much snow did you get?

We got the trailing swoosh of the storm, so ended up with about 4-5 inches of snow. Not too bad. We’ve had a lot worse winters.