BEX’S HOMEMADE GRANOLA RECIPE
1) 1/2 cup brown sugar
2) 1/2 cup honey (optional, I’ve been leaving this out and once the granola is on the cookie sheet ready to bake, I squeeze honey over the top, back & forth.)
3) 2 TBSP cinnamon
4) Pinch of salt
5) 1 cup applesauce (any flavor or plain/unsweetened)
6) 1/2 cup vegetable oil
7) 3/4ths of a large container of oats (not quick cooking oats but the real oats)
8) 1 cup Nuts of your choice (walnuts, sliced almonds etc.)
9) 1 cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
10) 1 cup Raisins
11) 1 cup Dried Apricots, chopped
In a large pot put first 6 ingredients and mix together and then add the dry oats to that and mix it all up well so the liquidy part coats everything.
Spray cooking spray on a large cookie sheet and pour oat mixture onto sheet, spreading out to all corners.
BAKE IN A 325 F degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
Take out and cool. When cool, put oat mixture back in the big pot and add the last 4 ingredients and mix up well.
Put in a large glass container on the counter and enjoy for breakfast or whenever. Paul has his with a cup of 1% milk. This goes great with some vanilla ice cream or with nice Greek Yogurt, as well.