Living in the Lap…

sosweetdogs0005

What do we do on a rainy winter day here?

Well, some of us work. Like me. Some of us go to the doctor’s office, like Paul. And then the rest of us snooze the day away with a good pillow and a cushy bed – like these two gallupes you see up above! But when I turned around at my desk and saw them so incredibly cosy there on the bed, I couldn’t resist shooting their picture. Just for future reference.

Nothing much to report here. This rain we are having now is washing away what little snow we had left. Of course, there always seem to be a few patches of it in the garden, no matter how much rain or how high the temps go. I guess that’s just the way snow is. It really wants to stick around.

The only thing I have to comment on today is the awful earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan and neighboring areas of the world. I haven’t seen the news since early this morning so I don’t know the count of injuries and deaths, but I’m sure it’s a lot more than initially reported. I think I read somewhere that a train carrying 400 or more souls was reported to be “missing” in Japan somwehere. Now, that doesn’t sound good.

Prayers for the victims of this nasty deed by Mother Nature. What is she thinking? I fear one day this old earth will just erupt in one giant quake and split apart and go flying off into never-ending space.

That’s not cheerful. Sorry. I have to get back to work.

Carry on.

7 Responses to Living in the Lap…

1. sue says:

The quake was big news on the New Orleans TV–because of the possible ramifications to tidal heights etc.

And on another note–I almost always have at least one cat cuddling up to me at night. My theory is that when feline sleepy brain waves get mixed with human sleepy brain waves, both humans and felines have deeper sleeps.

I suspect the same is true with canine brain waves.

2. Doug says:

It’s hard to be cheerful when talking about the end of the world… but we shall, indeed, carry on.

3. Ah, how sweet it is, to be cozy on a rainy day in March! Love your canine bed-warmers! 😉

All’s safe here, as, halfway up the Korean peninsula, we didn’t even feel the quake. (We’re on the Asian mainland tectonic plate, not the same one that the Japanese islands are on). We’re also about 700 miles away, and all those islands took the force of the tsunami. I am worried about some friends in Japan, though. My prayers are with all the people affected.

Hugs from the granite mountains of Korea, ~ Sil

Your furbabies are so adorable! Keep an eye on them and stay anchored in their comfy lives.

Yes, the devastation in Japan is incredible. I think we’re going to be hearing a lot of large numbers once they start really being able to count how many have been lost.

5. Sandy says:

wow…WHAT A LOVING LIFE THEY LIVE..YOU ARE A GOOD MOTHER TO FUZZIES

6. WendyNC says:

I know that photo! In our house, it’s Golden Retrievers, but the concept is very much the same. 🙂

7. rhubarb says:

I was struck speechless (metaphorically speaking) by the intensity of the earthquake. 8.9? Incredible. Our last major earthquake was 7.1 and we thought it was the end of the world. Of course, it may have made a difference that we lived not a mile from the epicenter…my heart goes out to those people. An awful experience. I think the death toll with be many, many more than are being reported now.

I’ve wondered if our sucking all the oil and water from underground sources has destablilized the earth’s crust…just a thought.

Love the photo. It’s a dog’s life at Crow Cottage, that’s for sure.