Spring has Sprung!

It was all gone.

The masses and mounds of snow, that is. We had lovely bare ground, warm weather over the weekend, so nice that I actually slept with both windows open one night. It was devine.

And then, today – THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING, mind you – THIS:

FirstDayOfSpring0006

Oh yes, they predicted it would come. But they mediated it by saying we would get rain and/or snow but nothing much today.

The First Day of Spring.

I had such high hopes.

I had planned on going out to the garden to look for spring-growing bulbs, like croci and such. But alas, I remain inside today, only going out as far as the front porch to let the dogs out and in and out and in…

It sounds like rain on the roof, and yet, out the window is a winter-wonder-land of white. It must be very heavy snow.

Lovely.

FirstDayOfSpring0008

Three Cheers For Spring (er…winter, no! Spring!)

7 Responses to Spring has Sprung!

We’ve pretty much lost all our snow mounds here too, but they’re threatening snow/ice starting Tuesday night and going through Wed night. Still we’ve had some nice weather and the buds on the trees are starting to swell.

I saw some pics for our area out on the weather sites and folks are showing tulips and crocuses starting to peek out of the ground. Spring is coming. It’s got to be!

2. JJ says:

Well, at least the dogs are enjoying the snow! It rained here in PA all morning and when I left work at 5:00, the sun was out and I caught a whiff of spring in the air.

3. sue says:

Here I am–from the New Orleans area.

Started out life as a damnyankee, but have spent most of my adult life in the Deep South.

I use the definitive second person plural (y’all) automatically.

My younger daughter was born here; both daughters got married here, and are still in the area.

Eat your hearts out–I have the AC on.

I like the variety of the 4 women here in the comments boxes, me from New England, Wendy from the Mid-Atlantic, Sandy from Iowa/smack-dab-in-the-center, and Rhubarb from the way left side of the country. Quite a representative group, no? Anyone from a deep south state in here?

5. Sandy says:

wow…still winter going on at your place.
    We are to get mix of snow and rain on wed here in Iowa

I still have a pile of old towels I used to use for Jasmine, coming in and being rubbed off, then wanting out again. And in. Increases the laundry load, doesn’t it? I think she liked the game.

Spring sprang a leak hereabouts and we have had pounding rain, 5 inches in one day. So much for warmer weather. Expecting more. What is going on???

7. WendyNC says:

Ah, yes, the door game, where we have to keep going out to see if it’s still doing, just so we get to be dried off every time. We know that one well.