A Cheesey Cheer!

Cheeses+Board0002

Even though the Universe may conspire against me in various ways, i.e. aches, pains, and worries, there is one thing in this world that will make me smile every time…

WENSLEYDALE CHEESE !

When we go to England, specifically North Yorkshire, it’s the first thing I run for. The local Wensleydale cheese.

Today, after waiting a few weeks since I first ordered it from their website, The Wensleydale Creamery, I received the first of three boxes of their yummy cheeses (along with a nice little cutting board) as you can see above.

And as much as I love my dogs, and as much as they are pleading with me for just one little bite of this incredible cheese, I just can’t part with even a tiny bite. Paul isn’t a cheese person (lucky me!) so I have them all to myself. Oh, heaven on earth has arrived.

Sheila and Sandy, I wish you were here right now to enjoy this with me!

But before I scoff up the whole round of this heavenly delight, I’d better wrap it up and stash it away in the fridge for another day. I swear the whole 3 rounds of cheese could be gone in half an hour if I’m not really careful!

I think a cup of Yorkshire Gold tea is in order, and I’m heading down to make that this very minute.

Cheers for Cheese!

9 Responses to A Cheesey Cheer!

1. sandy from Chicago says:

Carol I hope you feel better soon and can get back to your home. Take care.

Sandy

2. Carol says:

jUST WANT YOU TO KNOW i AM IN REHAB FOR MY LEGS AND CAN BARELY GET ON THE NET THERE. i HAVE NO IDEA WHEN i CAN GET HOME AGAIN. lOTS OF THERAPY AS i WAS SO WEAK i COULDN’T WALK AT ALL. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS. mY NEED SURGERY TO GET BETTER. i MISS BEING HOME.

3. yorkshire sweet pea says:

oh lucky lucky me; i can have wensleydale cheese all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my fave one tho is their matured/vintage one; it doesnt come in the small truckle size; even better i can buy a ginormous wedge into which i sink my teeth.
    it goes VERY well with a slice of bettys tealoaf. very well indeed in fact.
    bring it on.
    bought a wedge of jervaux blue cheese this week; orgasmic!
    one of my best treats is to have a yorkshire rarebit with bacon on top at bettys harlow carr harrogate.
    hope u r all feeling ravenous now!
    cheesy smile from ysp

Sounds like Monterey Jack or a light Brick cheese, then.

Okay, one more question. How much did the shipping cost to get your cheese delivered to you? 😀

It’s very hard to describe the taste of Wensleydale cheese. It is very subtle and mild. Not sharp or tangy like our cheeses are. In fact, it’s best to plan to just eat the cheese alone and not put it on anything that will detract from the mild subtle taste. A cup of tea and a slice of cheese go together just perfectly! It’s what I always would have at the end of a day when visiting Yorkshire. My late afternoon cuppa and some cheese.

Oh, those cheeses look good! Bex, what does the original Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese taste like? Brick? A light cheddar? Farmers cheese?

A woman after my own heart and palate! I LOVE CHEESE! Well, I love good cheese. Ohhhhh, now you’ve got me wondering what you’re eating there, Bex. I’m going to have to go look at that website and drool over everthing I’m missing.

BTW, our dog is a cheese fanatic too. Nothing comes before cheese for him, nothing.

8. rhubarb says:

Heavenly! Paul really doesn’t know what he’s missing. Well, maybe he does. For me, cheese was an acquired taste, and I’m still pretty choosy about cheese. But good cheese is beyond compare. Enjoy!

9. sandy from iowa says:

WOW….I remember having some of that cheese when I was in England with you and paul…yum yum