No Joke, This Time

It was an April Fool’s joke to end all. Just when we were starting to really enjoy the outdoors again, after what seemed like a record winterus horribilus, we get this first thing this morning:

AprilFoolsDaySnow0002

My senses are all confused.

Today was the first game of Baseball Season for us, and just to stay consistent with our performances of last season, we LOST.

Figures.

And to make it even worse, EX-President Shrub and his dorky spouse were sitting there in the stands at Houston loving every minute of our losing.

Two slaps in the face in one day.

A blizzard in spring, and the Red Sox losing Game #1 of the season.

I think I’ll just go out back on my deck and sit down and have a think…

AprilFoolsDaySnow0011

… or maybe I won’t. Might get a wet seat.

And so the world turns…

Cheers to the end of April Fool’s Day, and here’s to the rest of the calendar,

8 Responses to No Joke, This Time

We got snow today, Bex – April 17th! Who’d have thunk it?

2. annie says:

Ah the weather. I was 90 degrees two days ago and now tomorrow it is supposed to rain and be 60. But I am in no rush for summer here in So Cal.

3. Seems like it just doesn’t wanna quit and go back to the North Pole. I’m sure the polar bears wouldn’t mind. Sure hope the Sox go all the way this year! Maybe a slow opening means a fast finish? Hugs!!!

4. Betty Lou Parlee says:

Our Giants lost the opener, too – BUT – we had 80 degree weather here in Northern California the last two days after nothing but rain last week. Cooling down to the 60’s now. Hope your weather warms up soon.

We just had a skimming that melted off within a few hours. I’m sending some warmth your way. It’s supposed to be in the upper 40s here in a couple of days.

Go Red Sox! ;D

6. Doug says:

We almost got it yesterday but didn’t… just luck, heh.

7. rhubarb says:

oh, brrrrrrh! just when you were ready for spring, winter jumps up and slaps you in the kisser. sorry, doll, you’ll just have to keep the longjohns on a little longer. what is with this crazy weather?

8. WendyNC says:

Not a funny joke at all! Hope you have some warm sun soon.