A not-so-royal wedding

Obviously, I’m going through a “dry period” right now, writing-wise. Not that I was ever that “wet” but it’s been a desert lately for ideas, stories to tell, etc. Sorry about that. This is just a little blip to explain that and to say Hello to you all, ask how you’re doin’, and to say that nothing much has been happening around here, that’s all.

Except that winter has truly gone. Yesterday it was over 80 degrees (F) here and that is WAY too warm/hot for me. It is shades of things to come, too, as the nice cool-ish spring days of yesteryear seem to be a thing of the past these days and we always seem to go from cold/snow to hot/sun or humid/rain. Today it’s the humid/rain stuff. Blech.

I see all the TV stations are doing non-stop Royal Wedding coverage. And they are asking us to get up at 4 a.m. (EST) on the day to watch the coverage of the big event. I’ve rescheduled my PeaPod (grocery) delivery that day (which I normally have delivered on Friday mornings between 7 and 9) to between 6 and 8 so that whilst I am up with the birds, watching the Royal Wedding coverage, PeaPod will have come and gone before the actual wedding comes on.

I have no idea what time they are getting hitched, so I’m guessing it’ll be around 9 a.m. our time here on the East Coast. I really should look it up.

Otherwise, all is the same here at CC. Dogs have spring fever in that they want to be on the other side of the door all the time. It’s raining now and raindrops always bring them scurrying back inside, but 10 minutes later they have forgotten and want to be back outside.

Well, nothing much else to relate. If you want to see some really nice English photography, click on Lake District – Today’s Walk – I know I’ve urged you before to visit that site by Ann Bowker – in the Lake District of England, but if you have the time, you will be glad you did. She walks and climbs the mountainous area around her home in Keswick and her photography is second to none, in my opinion. I always go there right before I close down for the night and feel as though I’ve just had a wonderful walk in the hills.

I’ll leave you with a not-so-royal-wedding picture – taken just weeks short of 25 years ago at our old home in Marblehed. The happiest day of my life, bar none.

Mr. and Mrs. Paul Crowell

Cheers for now,

Bex & Co.

7 Responses to A not-so-royal wedding

1. JJ says:

What a sweet picture! Love it!!

2. Crochetlady says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

3. That’s a wonderful picture of you and Paul! You two certainly have lived and are living a much more realistic and happy life than the poor royals can ever hope to have. I’d hate to be in the spotlight as they are.
    About this weather: It just gets weirder, doesn’t it? Spring came 2 weeks later than usual in Korea, and I’ll bet we don’t get as much pleasant weather as normal before the heat and humidity crush us.
    Hugs from Asia, ~ Sil

4. Crochetlady says:

The British wedding festivities start at 4ESt. 11 British time. Thats why so early. I did it all with Diana, this one isn’t catching me the same way, I guess I identified with Diana more-same age group! Though I think this woman has more of a head on her shoulders and this young man a better fit! I will be working and not seeing it anyway. Weather down here in DC is summer time-for now!

5. rhubarb says:

Aawww…what a sweet picture! Thanks for sharing it. Maybe you can fill us in later on the royal wedding, for those of us who really never watch television.

Aw, nice pic, Bex!

Wow, so it hit 80 over there? And I thought we were really getting somewhere when we went over 60.

Funny, you’ve noticed the recent jumps in temp the same way I have. Seems like we jump about 10 degrees at a time. We have cold weather and then suddenly a really warm day, and then the average temp rises by 10 full degrees. Then another long pull through weeks and suddenly another 10 degree jump that just keeps going on for weeks.

That seems to be the pattern the last year or two. Weird weather! I’m wondering how or if things are going to change now, though. DH and I like to follow hurricanes and hurricane season starts on June 1st, so I was looking at an ocean temps map. Boy, that map for the Pacific is really strange – because of the earthquake in Japan and the tsunamis, I’m sure. Makes you wonder what kind of change will be wrought in our weather patterns, due to the cold water being pulled down the west coast.

7. sandy freel says:

WOW…LOVE IN THE AIR…Great photo:-)