Musical Furniture & Books & DooDads

House Works 1 Sep 2011

You probably can’t tell much is different, but I know and my body knows, and moving the old bod right about now is out of the question.

I put an older rug down in the dining room. I got 2 wood shelving units for the kitchen and assembled them. I moved the pine hutch from the kitchen into the dining room. I moved another hutch to near the front door. I moved other big heavy things back and forth again. I cleaned out under the cabinets in the dining room and threw a lot of stuff away. I cleaned all the things in the pine hutch for display there. I moved a ton of books (mostly cookbooks) to their respective new homes and some others from other rooms.

Whew. I haven’t worked this hard for years!

I still have a lot more to do, but for now, at least my room is back to being neat again, if overcrowded. But that’s life here in this tiny cottage for us. Always too much stuff with too little space.

9 Responses to Musical Furniture & Books & DooDads

1. mzem says:

Oh, I can tell a good New England home when I see one. You have done a wonderful job, Bex.

If you are a homebody, like me, there are always tons of little jobs you want to do in your house but never have the time or the money or both. I’d love to ditch my sofa and get a leather one – one that would withstand two big dogs better than the one we have which is kind of putrid at the moment.

Your home looks wonderful! I only wish I could get my own place together like that. I like where I’m starting to go with my place but I still need to do things like get the real-wood bookcases instead of pressboard, and such.

Well, and it would help if I could get the money together to re-cover the sofa.

4. Carol says:

That is a lot of work Bex. It looks very nice. Now if only I could get busy and do a lot of cleaning.

5. sandy from iowa says:

you are so right…they are the best things in the house…they always are there to give loves

6. sandy from iowa says:

HAHA,,,the fuzzies are on the move even after you place them in a room .
    I like the new look ;-}

Yes, Rhu, Doo and Dads… aka Kip and Emmalee. They meander about the house, always pushing into the pictures I am taking. I can’t complain – they are the prettiest things in the house!

It looks wonderfully organized. Lovely. Tell me…I see furniture and books…but are those things with four feet the doodads? 😉

9. Betty Lou says:

Your home looks beautiful.