Keeping An Eye On The Heavens Tonight

MayDay20100025

That’s our house above. The reason I put it there is in case that spaceship debris that is falling thru space, aimed at “anywhere on earth,” comes down and hits right on top of our home-sweet-home, you will have seen it for the last time here on this blog page. (sniff)

They say it will be coming down with a thud or a splash around midnight (Eastern Standard Time) tonight, that’s about 3 hours from now. If we are the big lottery winner, we may not be here after that. They say the chances of getting hit by it are 1 in 3,200. Can that be right? Those are good odds!

So it’s goodbye cruel world, I’m off to join the circus… or something like that … if it hits our home. If not, my condolences to whosever house it does hit – maybe it will go splash in the night instead of splat on a home or persons.

Story Here

I am so glad we are getting out of the space program!

6 Responses to Keeping An Eye On The Heavens Tonight

1. mzem says:

I am so glad to know that you are still with us. i know I heard on the news that it was in the trillions of anyone being hit. But still . . .

Rhu beat me to it. Yes, the odds for one person are in the trillions.

I believe they said that the satellite did a big arc from about Seattle over northern Canada and then back down into the Atlantic.

“But any one person’s odds of being struck have been estimated at 1-in-22 trillion, given there are 7 billion people on the planet.”

I like those odds. About the same as being hit by a meteorite. May your house be safe, no evil enter there.

Here’s your morning note, Sandy, saying All Is OK Here! It didn’t hit us, but I haven’t seen where it did hit yet? Anyone know?

5. sandy from iowa says:

hope i get a morning note saying all is ok

6. sue says:

The chances of “being hit” by something from an artificial satellite are astronomically small.

How many people have been hit by “natural” satellites (mini-moons) in decaying orbits?

How many people are hit by “natural” stuff deliberately thrown by a human?