T M & C, oh yeah!

Forget all the superlatives, the drippy cheese down the sides of the dish, let’s just cut to the chase here….

A serious “TOMATO, MAC & CHEESE” has just been born at Crow Cottage.

Feast….

TomMac+Cheese0005

… your eyes.

I know. I should have cleaned up the drippy sides, but I didn’t, and I had a tiny bite near the front, just to taste it.

OH

MY

GAWD

I watched the American Test Kitchen on PBS yesterday and they made the Best Tomato Mac and Cheese recipe. They had tested all sorts of variations but this was their idea of the best one.

And I have to agree.

I haven’t had homemade mac & cheese for years! The last time was when I made one and it had to be 15 or more years ago! For a mac & cheese lover, that is way too long to wait.

THIS ONE WAS WORTH THE WAIT.

The only problem is that Paul is NOT a lover of cheese. He will eat it, just to be polite, when I serve it in something, but he really does not love it. Like he should! Who doesn’t love cheese? Is he nuts!

There are many websites that carry the recipe for this particular version so I’m not going to type it all out here. Unless you want me to. If so, tell me and I will come back and revise this blog entry. All you have to do is go to Google and search for “Cook Country Tomato Mac and Cheese” and I’ll bet you find it right away. Or try “American Test Kitchen Tomato Mac and Cheese.”

Try this: Macaroni and Cheese with Tomatoes

And do click on the VIDEO, you can watch them cook this dish!

You have to just “register” for free by putting in your e-mail address and you can see the recipe. This is the only part about this web site I don’t like. But it’s a small price to pay for the most incredible mac and cheese I have ever tasted.

Oh yeah………

ADDENDUM: The recipe is in the very next blog entry, later this same day, here.

7 Responses to T M & C, oh yeah!

1. Neva Williams says:

Thanks Bex. We are major cheese lovers in this house, especially home made Mac & Cheese. I’ve never had it with tomatoes before, so I’m anxious to try your recipe. It looks wonderful!

2. Carol says:

Looks so good. send me some!

Haven’t had homemade Mac and Cheese in AGES. Must put ingredients on shopping list–there will be one made in the near future! Comfort food, and with the addition of tomato, nearly perfect.

Geez, Bex. I gave up on that recipe. I gave them my email address and that wasn’t enough. Then they wanted my address. I filled it in once and then even that wasn’t enough. Then they wanted me to set up an account with confirming emails and passwords. That’s a lot of hoops to look at a single recipe, so at that point I gave up on it. 😦

If you could copy and paste the recipe, I’d appreciate it.

Are you psychic? Just last night DH and SD were talking about his making his tomato mac and cheese that he hasn’t made since we met. You see, I’ve never been a fan of baked tomatoes and I guess he never made his recipe because of that. But now SD has talked him into it, so some time before Christmas he’ll probably make it.

I’m going to have to go and look at that recipe, just to get DH to compare it to his.

BTW, we’re all major cheese lovers in this house – including the dog, who is transported to Nirvana if you give him Old Cheddar. LOL

6. sandy from iowa says:

our supper on monday…i have to food shop first.
    WOW..YUM

7. WendyNC says:

I’ll admit I haven’t checked the linked recipe, but my mother always put tomatoes in baked mac and cheese and, as far as I’m concerned, it’s the food of the gods.