A tale of cookies and toes and woes

I had to make cookies today (for Paul) and I had to make his bread (10 grain in the bread machine) also. The bread takes me about 1 minute to put together in the pan and stick it in the bread machine, god I love those things! The cookies took quite a while longer, and I won’t bore you with recipes and pictures. They were oatmeal/raisin/walnut cookies. And I have to say, they were the best batch of those I have ever made.

Practice must be it.

I have a toe on my left foot that was bleeding the other day when I came out of the shower. I have no idea what happened to it. It’s right next to the toenail, like a tiny hole there, that was very bloody. Gross. It’s also on the foot I can’t reach. Because of my bum hip (left) I can’t reach that foot. I have to use a shoe-horn type of thing to get my sock on that foot each morning. Paul has to cut my toenails on that foot. It’s a pain getting old. So a couple of days ago I took (or rather I got Paul to take) the bandaids off the toe. There was a lot of black/blood that had stayed there. I left it alone to heal. Tonight I touched it and the crusted blood came off and it started to bleed again. Darn. I had to get Paul out of bed to cut the nail and clean it up and bandage it again. Oh this is too gross to be telling you about. Sorry. I am off to bed.

Grumble,

9 Responses to A tale of cookies and toes and woes

1. Neva Williams says:

As a diabetic, I really pay attention to my feet, and though you have never said anything about having diabetes, my instincts still say you should get to a doctor to make sure you don’t have an infection. You wouldn’t want to lose that toe, or even worse.

Bex, did you get your toe looked at?

3. Crochetlady says:

Concur with the above/below on all counts!

4. sue says:

Just remember. getting old beats the alternative.

Ditto to what everyone else has said. Things like that are not to be ignored.

If you EVER have a wound that won’t heal, hie thee to a doctor, stat.

7. Yep, go see a doc, that is *NOT* normal behavior for a toe!

Yep. Take you and the toe to the doctor, Bex. If you have a lot of problems with reaching that toe it’s possible that you may have circulation problems in it that cause difficulties with healing.

*hug*

9. WendyNC says:

Hmmm. Time to check with the doc about that toe?