Recapping the Chair Saga…

A few people have asked about my “chair.” I’m still fuming about it so this entry could be discombobulated.

I have NOT GOTTEN IT YET!

I ordered it on 11/23/11. They said it would be TWO to THREE weeks.

Three weeks was 12/16 roughly (giving them an extra day or two). No chair by 12/16.

I began calling the company on 12/12 (the Monday before the week it was due) just to see when it MIGHT be coming.

I tried using the link in their e-mail to “track” it but of course it would not work.

I tried going to their website and leaving messages there, but I kept getting a blank screen.

So, on 12/12, I called the company and a woman explained to me that the chair is being MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR ME IN CALIFORNIA and that once it is made, it will have to travel across the country to me.

OK. I can accept that. She said she would get a hold of the company in CALIFORNIA later (because of the 3-hour time difference) and call me back with any news.

She never called me back.

On 12/19 I called the company again and spoke with man #1 who checked and told me my chair was being made specially for me in PENNSYLVANIA.

As you can imagine, I could not hold it in any longer and I lost my temper with him. Poor guy. Anyway, he finally told me it was going to be shipped “TOMORROW” (12/20) and that it should take 1 to 2 days (from Pennsylvania to Massachusetts) to get here.

No chair by 12/21.

I called my credit card company on 12/21 to tell them the whole sordid story and I began a “dispute” about this amount. Even though I had not even received my statement from the CC company yet, they said that the chair company had already been paid.

Does that make sense? Paid before I’d gotten my statement so I could check to make sure everything on there was really mine? I got it online but didn’t get it in the mail til a few days later.

So we started the dispute “paperwork”.

It is 12/23 now. It is officially one week late. I don’t know how long I am supposed to wait for my chair before I go through with the dispute and cancel the order.

Today I called the company AGAIN and spoke with lady #2. Poor thing. She got my wrath in spades. I kept saying that I know it wasn’t her fault but that I was ripping mad about all of this. After 18 minutes on this phone call, she wanted to end the phone call and said she would call me back NEXT TUESDAY, 12/27, with any new information because the place that ships chairs is CLOSED TODAY UNTIL NEXT TUESDAY.

Can you FEEL MY ANGER??????

So that is where we stand with my chair. Mind you, I think I mentioned that the ONLY place in the whole world I am without pain is in my recliner chair, with the footrest UP, which I cannot do with my old chair because it won’t work right. So that means there is no place I can go to relieve my hip/leg pain. At all. All day or all night.

I am starting to feel like a zombie with no sleep, and pain all the time, and my chair in limbo.

Did I ever tell you I hate Christmastime too? Well, yes, I do. So it doesn’t help that it’s that darn time of year now, as well. Bah Humbug!

My Chair

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! EVER!

No cheers – only jeers from here,

ADDENDUM: This is rich. I JUST got a call from Recliner City, from some poor woman who doesn’t know my ire, and she innocently told me that anything that was supposed to be shipped after 12/16 will be delayed now until after JANUARY 3, 2012. Next year!

I went through the whole rigmarole with her, poor thing, all the while saying “I know it’s not YOUR fault…” but I’ll just bet I ruined her morning too. Well, kiss my grits.

The saga continues…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I think I could turn and live awhile with the animals…

They are so placid and self-contained,

I stand and look at them sometimes half the day long.

They do not sweat and whine about their condition,

They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins,

They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God,

Not one is dissatisfied… not one is demented with the mania of owning things,

Not one kneels to another nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago,

Not one is respectable or industrious over the whole earth.

~ [Walt Whitman, from “Leaves of Grass, No. 32”] ~

20 Responses to Recapping the Chair Saga…

Sue, I believe Bex ordered the chair from Recliner City, not Best Buy.

2. Sue says:

How about contacting your local TV station about the total disinterest shown by Best Buy?

Funny you should say that, Bex. The operation that DH had was at the L5-S1 vertabrae. The bones inside the vertabrae that hold them together were broken. The doctor removed both vertabra, ‘cleaned them out’, and put them back in with pins holding them together to replace the broken bones.

DH is SOOOOooooo glad that he had his operation! He was in horrible terrible pain, living with constant painkillers that barely ever worked – and now he has ZERO pain. He has a new lease on life with that surgery – so I would definitely recommend it to you. Just do your homework and make sure that you get a doctor that comes highly recommended.

That kind of surgery is considered relatively simple now. DH’s doctor was doing 2 or 3 surgeries a week.

*hugs*

Actually, I’d appreciate it if no one contacts that chair place before I get my chair, or I’ll NEVER get it. Once I have it, then fire away!!!

Sorry to read about the dealings with your chair. Poor chair which has such bad parents! And, to think it could be with you in your beautiful home and well loved. I feel your ire as it is how I feel about WordPress. I can so relate. Anyway, bah humbug back at you. But have a merry. Love ya, Bex.

6. novie says:

Time for us all to hit that link and send them a letter saying that we are passing the word around the net about their lousy customer service. Nothing like a little negative publicity to get people moving. I already wrote to them without using your post in any way.

My problems are not from an accident. I was born with an extra lumbar vertebra – at the L5-S1 area. I have an L6 vertebra and it has played havoc with my back all my life. I discovered it when I was 14. We opted out of surgery but chose to “just be careful” all my life, which I haven’t been. Years of jogging, doing acrobatics, ballet and toe dancing, etc. have made it worse of course, and now I’m paying for all that. But I do not want surgery, I do not want to be on prescription medication, and I do not want to live in doctors’ offices for the remainder of my life. So my choice is to live with it and bitch and moan to my friends. Sorry about that! I’ll try to be better.

As for the chair, the web site company is in Georgia and they say the chair is made in PA somewhere but I have no idea where.

If this was from an accident, I agree with Rhu that you should file for compensation. Heaven knows I know people who don’t deserve it and still get it – and you deserve it.

Also, you could look into some kind of pain block therapy. Or have you checked to see what chiropractic manipulation could do for you? I don’t usually recommend it but it might help.

9. Sue says:

How about the Chamber of Commerce in the town where you are trying to buy it, as well as the location of the main branch and/or factory?

And mention the name of the store (and manufacturer) several times in each journal post, as well as in a copy of the letter which “just happened” to end up at the newspaper.

10. Joan says:

Ok, I live in PA. Tell me where they are and I’ll go kick some butt!

TT, yes, I sleep with a total of six pillows, two for my head, one between my knees, one behind me, and two for spares in the night. There is only ONE position that I can get into with little to almost no pain and that is when my chair is up and working, which it isn’t. Even a hassock doesn’t do it. Anyway, I need to stop complaining because it is making me crazy. A local firefighter from the next town over died today fighting a bad apartment house fire, and my complaints are miniscule compared to his family’s.

I do feel your pain. Really sucks. Time for small claims court? I know you have all the documentation.

Aw, hon! I’m so sorry you’re going through this! I hope you at least got their sale price on this chair. Heaven knows you better not be paying the full price when you’re waiting for it right through their sale!

Bex, have you tried some kind of support for your knees and legs when you’re in bed? There must be something out there that you could make that would give you the same support.

*many hugs*

Oh, BEST BUY, Betty Lou! Yes. I have had dealings with them and have sworn never to do business there again, and I haven’t. They are useless. Totally. I’m beginning to think it’s not just a few who are like this, but a majority of businesses who don’t care one fig for how they treat their customers.

15. sandy from iowa says:

i clicked on site you posted…they lied..they said next day it was in the mail …this is so sad and mad also …I think you better get money back and move on if you can and find another.
    I too had things go wrong with best buy..mess it was.

16. Betty Lou says:

I know exactly how frustrating this is ! I had almost the same experience with Best Buy. I ordered a very expensive TV on 11/21..It was delivered with parts missing so I called them. The would not send the parts, but said they would deliver another one & pick up the first one. It took one month & one day for the second delivery. Every time I called them it was an hour call because I got cut off 4 times each time. When I threatened to call the credit card company I got the TV within 2 days. I will not do business with Best Buy again.
    I hope you have a peaceful Christmas & a Happy New Year.

17. Crochetlady says:

YUCK!!
    Sorry this has happened. Hopefully you get wonderfully surprised!

Everything else apart, Merry Christmas. I know you said you hate Christmas, but enjoy your foor footed babies and your hubbie!

18. Carol says:

Sorry this happened. I am mad too for you. I hope it gets resolved soon.