Make sure you are sitting down…

I just got a call from some roadway delivery company. I almost didn’t take the call because I didn’t recognize the caller ID. But I did at the last minute.

They said they were going to be delivering a recliner to my address next Tuesday, the 17th, and asked if someone would be home then.

I just said, matter-of-fact-ly, “Yes.”

They said it weighs about 135 lbs. and there will need to be someone here to help the driver lug it into the house.

I said, “OK.”

And that, my dear friends, was that.

I won’t believe it until my butt is sitting in that chair, but now, if indeed it shows up, I will have to call my credit card company and tell them it’s OK to pay them.

Do you suppose I could ask for a 10% discount for mental aggravation?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I think I could turn and live awhile with the animals…

They are so placid and self-contained,

I stand and look at them sometimes half the day long.

They do not sweat and whine about their condition,

They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins,

They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God,

Not one is dissatisfied… not one is demented with the mania of owning things,

Not one kneels to another nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago,

Not one is respectable or industrious over the whole earth.

~ [Walt Whitman, from “Leaves of Grass, No. 32”] ~

8 Responses to Make sure you are sitting down…

It’s now IN THE HOUSE, UNSCATHED, and you can all stop anxiously waiting!!!! Let’s all hold hands and breathe in a deep breath of air, now release it slowly, slowly, through the mouth every so slowly… ahhhh.

Chair is here.

Chair is here.

Thank God Almighty.

Chair is here.

I’m going to withhold my celebrations until it’s actually in the house unscathed.

*anxiously waiting*

Praise be, there are some miracles yet to be had. I would agree as the others have stated and do ask for a discount. What a dear man that Paul of yours is to help out. I bet he knows this is in his best interest because if you are feeling better, he will feel better.

I did NOT buy the chair from Best Buy. I bought it from Recliner City online. The trucking company that delivers the chair says there is only one driver and he cannot lift the chair up the stairs into the house so someone has to be here to assist him or he’ll leave it on the ground. Paul said he will be here to do it. I just want to get the damn chair in here and forget I ever did business with that company. And I am not a “senior citizen” yet. I have a year and a half to go yet.

Yes, absolutely. And ask for a senior citizen discount, while you’re at it. Not to mention a credit toward any further purchases from Best Buy (as if!).

No, NO ONE from your home helps the delivery guys. They do it themselves. They’re insured, bonded, etc.–or at least they should be. You’re not insured for that sort of thing. You do the helpless female act; they get some other muscle to help them.

You know your rights. Stand up for them!

6. Joan says:

Definitely write to the corporate offices! The delivery guys can’t help you, but corporate can!

7. Betty Lou says:

It wouldn’t hurt to ask for a discount. Best Buy gave me an 8% discount on my new TV because it took a month, and a lot of phone calls & aggravation, by the time my TV was finally here & set up. But congratulations on the chair being near your home. That’s some good news, anyway.

8. sandy from iowa says:

Yes…ask for a discount.
    BTW..I am the one that got the cooker and it works great for those that might be wondering