Recently I had a couple of friends send me photos by email, and those photos were huge in size (pixels), mainly because of the way the camera was set up I guess. I think there is a way to take a picture that is not so huge, but I don’t know what that is. Anyway, I wanted to try “resizing” those pictures myself just to save on file space, and I finally found out how to do it! So I’m sharing with you here just in case there is anyone who would like to do the same thing with large-sized photo files.
You must have the “Paint” program on your computer (it’s in Windows). I don’t know about anything to do with Apple computers. I have only ever used Microsoft.
To resize a picture using Paint
1. Open Paint by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then clicking Paint.
2. Click the Paint button , click Open, click the picture you want to resize, and then click Open.
3. On the Home tab, in the Image group, click Resize.
4. In the Resize and Skew dialog box, select the Maintain aspect ratio check box so that the resized picture will have the same aspect ratio as the original picture.
If the Maintain aspect ratio check box is selected, you only need to enter the horizontal value (width) or vertical value (height). The other box in the Resize area is updated automatically.
5. Do one of the following in the Resize area, and then click OK:
– Resize your picture by a certain percentage, click Percentage, and then enter a percentage to reduce the width by in the Horizontal box or a percentage to reduce the height by in the Vertical box.
– To resize the picture so it’s a specific size, click Pixels, and then enter a new width in the Horizontal box or new height in the Vertical box.
6. Click the Paint button , point to Save As, and then click the picture file type for the resized image.
7. Type a new file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
That’s it. You can save a photo to any size you want.
ADDENDUM: I found This Picture Resizing Site that worked for me except when I tried a really really HUGE picture it couldn’t handle it. But it works on reasonably large pictures. And quicker than the other way.
You probably knew all this already. I am usually late to the party when it comes to technology, but I was so happy when I discovered how to do this that I figured it wouldn’t hurt to share it with you guys.
~ ~ ~ ~
As far as The Chair is concerned, all I have to say is DON’T BUY THIS CHAIR!
I am very unhappy with it but it’s mine now and I have to live with it. Yes, it looks nice. It’s leather (the parts that you sit on and touch – the bottom sides and back are not leather but look just like the other leather parts). It fits me, however, the footrest is a major problem. You can’t just pull a hand-lever on the side to get it down. You have to push, and push very HARD, with your feet/legs for the footrest to go down and then, when you think it’s down, it isn’t. You have to get out of it, all the while holding one leg against the footrest so it won’t spring up again and knock you over, and turn around and shove that sucker in toward the chair hard so it locks down.
All that may not seem like a lot to you, but it’s major for me due to my hip problem. I thought it would just be a good way to build up some leg muscles but it’s more of a pain in the neck for me. Once I am in this chair, with the footrest up, I am IN it. It’s a major operation to get myself out of it again!
And don’t even suggest that I send it back. That is not going to happen. It was a mistake to buy a chair that I hadn’t actually seen and tried. You all told me that, and I went ahead and bought it anyway. It’s all MY fault and I take full responsibility for this situation.
~ ~ ~ ~
So that’s how things are here. No big news to report. Been watching with amusement the Republican Debates on TV and who needs comedy shows when you have these things? They are hilarious. Total entertainment. I especially like to watch Newt squirming when Mitt is on the attack which happened quite a bit last night. And just because I live in the state where Mitt was governor, don’t suppose I support him. It was awful and we are still paying the price for his policies all these years later. Bad. Very bad. Just give me my President back for another four years please. I believe in him and always have.
Enough said. Now to start the process of getting out of this chair and getting my breakfast.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I think I could turn and live awhile with the animals…
They are so placid and self-contained,
I stand and look at them sometimes half the day long.
They do not sweat and whine about their condition,
They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins,
They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God,
Not one is dissatisfied… not one is demented with the mania of owning things,
Not one kneels to another nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago,
Not one is respectable or industrious over the whole earth.
~ [Walt Whitman, from “Leaves of Grass, No. 32”] ~