Project nearing completion…

SpicesAlmostDone0006

Moving right along here in the Indian spice department. I’ve got all the spices I either had already or bought at Whole Foods put into the spice jars. I made labels for them using plain white mailing labels on the computer. I actually might need to buy one more spice rack because I have a few more spices coming that will not fit here. I sure hope this isn’t just another one of my flings that I will get tired of really soon because Paul will flip out after going to all this trouble!

SpicesAlmostDone0002

I do have a recipe for you but I think I will put it on a separate entry page by itself. I need to get some breakfast (it’s actually almost lunchtime) in me for some energy to get through the rest of the day here. I plan to make the Creamy Spinach Pasta for supper tonight that Manjula makes on her web site. Boy does that ever look good, and very simple to make. I’ve watched her video of making it about 4 times now and I think I have it down pat. I have all the ingredients so that will be on the table tonight. Since we are not vegetarians, I’ll make some chicken and we’ll have a naan bread that I’d bought last week.

I wonder if I were Indian in one of my former lives? I’m really excited about this whole subject and after spending the whole morning with bags of Indian spices open, oh the aroma of them just sends me over the edge! I love them!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Life is not a continuum of pleasant choices, but of inevitable problems that call for strength, determination, and hard work.”

[Indian Proverb]

7 Responses to Project nearing completion…

I love how the spice racks look over your stove. Will you have problems though with the heat of your cooking rising up through the bottles? I like your stove as well.

Now that’s a nice job well done, Bex!

3. sandy from iowa says:

I like your stove too…my next set will be black..I am sick of cleanning white for over 50 years and counting .
    Your spices look grand 🙂

We bucked the trend to buy stainless steel appliances when we bought them recently mainly because the black doesn’t show fingerprints like the SS does. I actually like them, but Neva, you can’t have my stove ’caused I have a lot of cookin’ to do on that thing!

5. Neva Williams says:

Happy cooking, Bex. 🙂

I want your stove!! It’s perfect, and what I have been wanting lately. I am so sick of the stainless steel stove and fridge that I bought some years ago. With the fridge, water drips down in front from the water dispenser at times and we have very hard water … tends to leave mineral deposits… always cleaning them off. Ugh!

Yes they are glass. I got them at J.K. Adams Spice thru amazon.

It looks as though the spice bottles are glass? Your pictures and description make me want to rush into the kitchen and start cooking. Former life? Maybe.