Chana Dal Recipes

Namaste Friends,

I wanted to save these recipes for myself and not have to scroll all the way down the page they were on. This is a list of Chana Dal recipes from a web site called David Mendosa: A Writer About Diabetes.

I was trying to discover if “chickpeas” could be substituted for “chana dal” because I wasn’t sure what chana dal was. Here is Manjula’s page on Chana Dal.

I found Mr. Mendosa’s wonderful web site all about diabetes and the glycemic index of chana dal, which is extremely low, and have learned lots of new information.

I have never been diagnosed with diabetes, but I have some friends who have, and I would like to prepare some chana dal for myself as it’s so healthy and beneficial. And now that I’ve got so many wonderful Indian spices, I can really go to town.

The following is from Mr. Mendosa’s web site and I hope that by putting it here in my blog, it will be OK with him. Maybe I’ll write to him and ask. (I did write to him to ask permission and if he should decline me permission, I will be taking this page off. I hope he doesn’t and that it’s OK with him.) (Note #2: He wrote back and said “Gladly!” so this page stays! Thanks David!!!)

“Here are some of our favorite chana dal recipes. Additional contributions gratefully accepted, tested, and posted!

So, again, thanks to David Mendosa for all these wonderful recipes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.”

[Anatole France]

6 Responses to Chana Dal Recipes

Honestly, the interview didn’t thrill me. Yes, he seems to finally have learned something from all the vocal proponents of low carb eating – BUT the interview leaves me uncomfortable in that the man couldn’t even stay on topic with answering the questions. Really, how often have you seen an interview that is that short?

There’s just something about him that makes me seriously concerned that he probably has mental health issues. Like I said, I’ve seen him go off on incredibly crazy tangents.

You might want to read this article about him, it may change your view or may not.

From A Sweet Life dot Org.

People do change as their experience grows and I think we should give him some credit now for what he’s accomplished. But like I said, I just really wanted all those recipes!

He may have changed his pages but he used to be a very vocal critic of low carb eating. He had all kinds of fly-by-night cure-alls on his pages. And anyone can write a book, just like anyone can put a page on the internet.

BTW, you know the man isn’t a medical doctor, right? He’s just a legend in his own mind. Here’s a snapshot of his self-made resume from his 2005 website, before he cleaned up his act a little:

Mendosa website archive at archive.org

I’ve never heard of him before. What type of statements, TT? An example? I only am interested in the recipes really.But a quick google check and I went through 5 pages of results and didn’t find anyone saying he was a quack. He seems to have done extensive research, written books, and is very well received in this subject. TT, I am interested in what made you say what you said about him?

Recipes are about the only thing I’d trust from that man. So he’s positioning himself as an expert on diabetes now, is he?

Whatever you do, except for recipe ingredients never take anything this man says too seriously. I’ve seen some incredibly ridiculous statements from him in the last 10 years.

6. sandy from iowa says: