Michael, Flikr, and some cat pics

IzzyWoodie

Isabelle & Woodie Woodfin

My friend, Michael (Bunt Sign), just did me a huge favor and, I hope, others, as well. I could never figure out his comments box at his main blog site. Since my blog was not one of those listed there, I would always try the “other” one and I had more trouble making comments at his old site. I mentioned to him that JournalScape is a nice place and easy to use, so he has graciously come over here and made a mirror site to his regular site.

Now I can comment easily and quickly, and I am here to say Thank You, Michael!

I just hope now that he will continue blogging more often as it’s been a long time quiet for him.

This entry, with the photo above, is to see if Flikr works for linking photos, and if you see my two beautiful kitties above, sitting together in the rocker, then Michael, it does work from Flikr. But you probably have already found that out by now. You just click on “Share” and then decide how big you want your photo to be and get the “html” url from there.

My kitties above, BTW, are Isabelle and Woodie Woodfin. Two of the best cats that ever lived (of course!). I miss both of those beautiful little girls so much. I may not seem like a cat person, but I had only cats for a long time before going back to being a dog person after I married Paul. We lived here very happily with 2 big Great Pyrenees dogs and 2 wonderful cats for a long time before they all passed on to their spiritual lives. Now, at our ages, just having dogs is work enough and having to keep the litterbox clean and non-stinky just was a bit too much for me near the end, so dogs alone it is for now.

This entry was totally unplanned and unthought-out. It was for Michael to see if the Flikr photos worked, so I hope it did work, and that we can continue to read more of Michael’s prose for years to come!

And again, for the umpteenth time, thanks Mike for going to the trouble to do this.

Bex-1970-C

Bex with the late, great George Washington – 1970

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.”

[Anatole France]

8 Responses to Michael, Flikr, and some cat pics

1. Neva Williams says:

I’m with you, Bex… everyone in my family knows that if they point a camera in my direction, they are likely to be ‘shot at sunrise’. lol! Mavis, for years, tried to get me to post a current picture of myself. I never felt the need to do so.

Ah no, TT, I’m not falling for that old “let’s see what you look like now” trick. I’m old. Let’s just leave it at that. I’d rather not have this old puss floating around the web!

Bex, hon, we keep getting these pics of you from 1970. You were cute but that’s not the lady we know now. We need some recent pics of wonderful you!

Hey, Michael, I still say we were separated at birth, so in my book, you have leeway to do whatever you like…just don’t leave the blogging community completely. We will always be here because we luv ya!

5. Michael says:

Thanks, Bex, for the information and the encouragement. I’m happy to be here, and I’ll be doing my best to live up to your kind words. I do move slowly, no question about that, so no breath-holding allowed. By the way, love the photo!

6. Ahhhh! Kittie pics! Love ’em! Thanks about the Flickr tips. I’ll have to try that. I’ve got some over there, but haven’t done anything with them.

7. Betty Lou says:

Thanks, Bex, for getting Michael to move a little. You know how he objects to changes in his life. I can read this much better than I could on his old Journal site, so thanks again.

Good morning! What a wonderful entry to wake up to this fine day. I love the photos of your kitties. I love the new background color to your site. A nice change. I also adore the photo of you and George!