I’ve found my dream house…oh yeah!

For Sale

Boulby Grange, Boulby Nr. Staithes, Saltburn-by-the-Sea, England.

OK. I have found my dream house. See above. Click on the photo and it will bring you to the real estate web site where you can click on the various photos of the house, inside and out.

Absolutely beautiful, especially the interior photos. Wow. And it’s only a mere 375,000 pounds!!! Well, that is one little sticking point. Not sure of the rate but that would probably bring us to about, what, $562,500 US dollars? Anyway, if I’m going to dream, I want what I want. To live in Northern England, not too far from Whitby and the coast, preferably with an ocean view (this property is quite close to the edge of the cliffs in Boulby. But I noted, when looking at the MAP available on this page, that there is a house even closer to the edge of the cliffs than this house so if the cliffs eroded further, the other house would go first! And this house probably wouldn’t go down in the few years we have left!

Of course, you’d probably have to have a nice little income to afford the taxes on this place. There is a lot of land with it and apparently it’s a horse kennel, as well. But I was thinking of renting out the horse part at the rear to people with horses, that would help pay the expenses.

The situation of this house is very near where Paul and I stayed one year, in Loftus, or rather just outside Loftus. It’s also near the little village of Skinningrove which we visited many times and just loved. It is not posh or fancy there, but a lot of working fishermen live there and it was right up our street.

Wow, I love this place. Even though, as my friend Bill Dobson, who lives in W. Yorkshire, tells me, there is a potash mine going in very nearby, I don’t care. I love this whole stretch of real estate, I love the ocean there, the cliffs (as long as they don’t erode and take the house with them) and I would be very happy to live out my days there in this house on the Boulby Cliffs.

If you click on the MAP and show the “satellite” view, and pan out a ways so you can see the whole area, it’s stunning.

OK. I can dream can’t I? Just look at the view from this place…

~ ~ ~

Back to reality here – The Red Sox beat Minnesota Twins last night 11-2. Their 2nd win in 2 games. Maybe things are starting to turn for the Sox? I can dream, can’t I?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.”

[Anatole France]

“There are only two seasons – winter and baseball.”

[Bill Veeck]

2007-2009 Archives ~ 2003 – 2007 Archives ~ 2009 Archives ~ 2010 Archives ~ 2011 Archives ~ 2012 Archives

12 Responses to I’ve found my dream house…oh yeah!

Oh my, this is a lovely “little” house. I would definitely come and visit and visit and visit . . .

I like your dreams Bex.

Go Red Soxs!

2. Michael says:

The roof looks nice. (I say that as an expert…) But the view is worth a few pounds all by itself. Beautiful!

3. Kate says:

Yes, you can dream. And a lovely dream it is! Here’s hoping it comes true for you! (so I can come visit, of course!)

4. Nina says:

Too large! You’d spend your retirement keeping it in a state of repair. You’d have to rent out rooms to bring in upkeep money (like so many wealthy British homeowners were forced to do). You’d become a slave to the whims of others. You’d be miserable! 🙂

5. sandy from iowa says:

If you rent me out a room ..I will be your handmaiden and draw up your bath each nite…also will do maid work:-)))

Oh yes, you are all invited over to the new place…when I get it up and running. 😉

7. crochetlady says:

Looks gorgeous! And of course you would get help with the upkeep! And we would all come to visit!

8. Joan says:

Oh, it’s just lovely!!!!

I don’t know the current currency rate but I always just use $1.50 = �1. It’s been so long since we went to the UK I never check the currency rates but you could very well be right.

Oh, yeah! I could definitely go for that place myself. Gorgeous! 😀

Beautiful dreamer….

12. WendyNC says:

My currency converter tells me it’s more like US$637,083. But heck, it’s fantasy money, so it really doesn’t matter, right?