Prayers, Please…and Thank you!

photo camerasCA0FA1WW_zps4517f22c.jpg

We need some serious prayers. Just got an early morning call from Paul’s cousin who lives near the harbor in Marblehead saying that Paul’s boat “is on the rocks.”

You see his lobster boat in the picture above? It’s the boat with the blue hull in the foreground. Well, it must have gotten loose from its mooring and it’s all the way across the harbor at the Corinthian Yacht Club, “on the rocks.” When Paul heard that on the phone, he just said an expletive and took off like a shot. Oh god.

This was on the Corinthian Yacht Club’s Web site today:

photo camerasCA0V2BOF_zps9c9eaf8e.jpg

Note: the above link shows the current view at the Corinthian – not the one back when this entry was made.

Paul is going over there now, with his lunch, to “sit with it” til the tide comes in. He said he will try to remember to wave up at the web-cam to me and if I see it, I will capture the picture.

Today is our 26th wedding anniversary. What a way to celebrate it!

photo camerasCA0FA1WW_zps4517f22c.jpg

This was taken this morning…of Paul’s boat, “Bollocks!”, up on the rocks, waiting for the tide to come back in so it can hopefully float to freedom! It is about 10:45 a.m. and Paul is home for the 2nd time since racing over there to assess the damage. He has it all tied off with bumpers attached under it so it won’t rock onto those rocks and cause more damage…but so far he is optimistic.

Interim shot below of the Saving of Bollocks!:

photo camerasCA0OT0GM_zps2db17b23.jpg

And below is a shot, taken just after he has gotten his boat out of harm’s way and is headed back home to his mooring. Yay!

photo camerasCA3VG01S_zps256b2416.jpg

He lost his first lobster boat in a storm back in the early 1990’s and we had to remortgage our house to buy a new one (this one). I just pray it is not too damaged.

Thanks,

UPDATE: Paul just came home to get some stuff. He’s seen his boat and it’s “high and dry” on the rocks at the Corinthian, but from what he could see of it, there was no obvious damage – of course, it is lying on its side, which it is not meant to do – so underneath could have something, but at least he has some hope now. If you said a prayer for us, thank you. Truly…

2nd UPDATE: It’s now after 1 p.m. and he has pulled his boat off the rocks and is on his way across the harbor either to the mooring or the boatyard – he may want to haul the boat to check underneath it for damage. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers. This could have gone so much worse…

3rd & LAST UPDATE: The lobsterman is home from the sea. Here he was, minding his own business in the basement making up traps, etc., when he got torn from his nice warm home and thrust out onto the cold wet ocean for a big rescue operation on his boat. He’s home now, had his lunch, and has just gone back to the basement to pick up where he left off at 6:45 this morning. Boat is hauled out and will go back in the water tomorrow. No significant damage, only a few gouges in the fiberglass hull which can be repaired. He is darn lucky.

Like Paul always says….”it’s better to be LUCKY than GOOD.” Oh, boy, that is so true today. It could have been so much, much worse…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Iowa Eagle Cam

Video streaming by Ustream

“Our entry to it is naked and bare;

Our journey through it is trouble and care;

Our exit from it is who-knows-where;

So if we’re all right here, we’re all right there.”

[Jack Rosenthal]

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.”

[Anatole France]

“There are only two seasons – winter and baseball.”

[Bill Veeck]

2003 – 2007 Archives ~ 2007-2009 Archives ~ 2009 Archives ~ 2010 Archives ~ 2011 Archives ~ 2012 Archives

17 Responses to Prayers, Please…and Thank you!

1. Neva Williams says:

Oh Bex, I’m here late, and was holding my breath as I read. Thank goodness all is well! Like you’ve said, it could have been so much worse.

Happy Anniversary to you both. 🙂

2. crochetlady says:

I am so glad, prayers answered.

3. Sheila says:

Watched frame by frame with drama going on here as well at Skarthi.
    Deluge of rain causing surface water pouring down from fields and causing massive flooding around the house before flooding downhill enveloping lower properties and lane.
    All ok now thank goodness.
    So thankful TLM ok and also B******s.
    I wonder why he didn’t wave tho!!??
    Happy Anniversary!

4. Nina says:

26! You act like newlyweds!
    Happy, happy day ahead and 26 more of those good years, with no loose boats and plenty of lobsters to haul in!

5. Margaret says:

Wow – exciting day in the Crowell home. We take the dogs to the park near Mhd Yacht Club so we could not see his stranded boat!!

6. Michael says:

I’m so glad the damage was minimal and the boat will be back in the water! What relief you must be feeling.

Update – Paul is home now. The boat is hauled out and will go back in the water tomorrow. It only has a few gouges in the fiberglass hull here and there, which will be repaired in about a week but which aren’t life-threatening.

A close call…too close for comfort, but thanks to you all for your concern and prayers.

8. Crochetlady says:

Hope there isn’t any damage at all. Hugs!!

9. K8 says:

Hoping the news continues good! And happy anniversary, you old married couple you!

So do I Carol. Good to “see” you again! How are you BTW? Sure wish you were doing your blog, I miss hearing all about your goings-on!

11. Carol says:

I hope all is well.

If you refresh my blog page, you will see the before and after photos of the rescue operation. I saved all the refreshed photos to my computer. It’s been two hours but he is on his way back to either the mooring or the boatyard…he may haul the boat out to inspect the bottom. What a rescue operation!

13. Michael says:

I can only imagine how you and Paul must be feeling. I’m hoping the boat will turn out to be okay.

14. Joan says:

I just read your post and am praying and keeping my fingers crossed!

15. crochetlady says:

I 3rd it. Prayers continuously coming your way!! (Hope the rest of your anniversary is better!)

I second what Wendy says. Sending prayers your way.

17. WendyNC says:

Sending you and Paul best wishes that the boat is readily recovered with minimal damage.