Oh Say Can You See?

The Fourth of July, 2012, at Crow Cottage: A Pictorial Essay

(with a few words sprinkled in)

A quiet day was had here on the Hill. The Boss had to work, he should be home any minute now. We don’t do barbecue here or picnics, the weather is stifling outside so I’ve got the house all cooled down for my sweetie when he gets home. He’ll be happy. Happier still when he sees I’ve made him a treat tonight for dessert.

Nothing fancy, just a gingerbread one-layer cake with simple frosting and fruit in a patriotic display.

FourthOfJuly20120007

FourthOfJuly20120003

FourthOfJuly20120011

FourthOfJuly20120024

Oh, say, can you see?

FourthOfJuly20120018

Outside, you can see the various plants have grown considerably. We have two huge daisy plants that I didn’t even know we had out there. So take a quick stroll around the garden and meet me back inside for cake.

FourthOfJuly20120019

FourthOfJuly20120028

FourthOfJuly20120029

FourthOfJuly20120021

FourthOfJuly20120020

And lest you forget, we have Patriotic Gingerbread for dessert tonight.

FourthOfJuly20120005

Happy Fourth ofJuly

(And congratulations to David Ortiz of the Boston Red Sox, who, as I was writing this entry, just hit his 400th Home Run out in Oakland, California, where the baseball game is tied up 1 to 1 in the 4th inning. Go Sox!).

Bex & Co.

2003 – 2007 Archives at Diaryland

6 Responses to Oh Say Can You See?

Great pics, Bex! Looks like you had a wonderful 4th!

2. T.S. says:

Summer at your place looks wonderful! Happy 236th Fourth!

3. Smartiplants says:

I loved the pictures! The puppies look happy and the yard is beautiful! The cake looks delicious! Happy 4th! We are fixin’ to go out and watch the city fireworks from our front porch. We had a pretty quiet day as well.

I love your house and puppies. I can see they are watching for the boss. What an awesome idea for gingerbread cake. Yes, I’ll have a piece of that and a glass of milk. I just love your home!

5. Joan says:

Love this entry! So homey and happy!

6. sandy from iowa says:

HAPPY 4TH…The cake looks so yummy …wonder what the cost is to 1st class a bite or two :-))…just kidding…I need to get around and bake again .
    Your fuzzies and yard looks so good .