It’s Yorkshire Day, Hello!

It’s Yorkshire Day 1 August 2012. To find out which is better, Yorkshire or London, have a listen to this insightful interview…(ignore that it’s a year old now!)

And click below to enjoy some wonderful Yorkshire views:

And how about some James Herriot enjoyment?

and…

So, what d’y’think?

I have to agree, Yorkshire is better. Having been to both Yorkshire AND London, I feel I can speak with some authority, however, every trip across the pond has only included the outskirts of London and not exactly the city proper. We alight from the plane, either at Heathrow or Gatwick, hop in our hired car, maneuver through the suburbs of London and head to The North – to our beloved and beautiful Yorkshire, where the air is cleaner, the sheep are welcoming (bahhhhh!), and the cows are out-standing in their fields!

Yorkshire is definitely better. Than just about ANYTHING!

Cheers for Yorkshire Day!

Bex & Co.

Incredible Yorkshire Views:

One of our favourite rides which we’ve taken many many times, both ways, up and down… by car and not via bicycle like this bloke did. Wow, I think I’ve burned several hundred calories just watching him go up Rosedale Chimney!

Rosedale Chimney

And here’s going down Rosedale Chimney, a lot faster than going up:

15 Responses to It’s Yorkshire Day, Hello!

1. T.S. says:

Thanks for the inspiration! On my bucket list…

Nina – “if I don’t have time…” ?? Ha! That is mostly what I DO have these days. THANK YOU for the blog. I will go to it now. Scotland…Ahhh, another land I love and miss.

(Just visited the site and loved it. It’s going on my extra Links page called LINKS TO SOME GOOD SITES listed in my links column near the top. Thanks again! What beautiful photos of the animals!)

3. Nina says:

BTW, I think you may enjoy this blog: http://taniakindersley.blogspot.com/
    I have it on my sidebar. It’s written by a woman who lives with her horses and dog in Scotland. She writes beautifully (and daily) about most everything around her and always with great love for her animals and the natural beauty of the countryside. If you don’t have time to read it, you’ll at least enjoy her photography!

What a delightful entry. It would be hard for me to choose as I like the country and the city. Although, if the country village had all my wants and desires within walking distance from where I would live. I can see myself in the country. To me, London seems to touristy.

5. Margaret says:

Ah, you know me – I love the city! But I also adore the English countryside. Thanks for the pictures….

6. Oooo! I love it! I’ll be forwarding your link to my daughter who is also a Yorkshirephile. 😀
    Hugs from Asia, ~ Sil

Those added a lovely helping of peace and contentment to my day. Thanks, Bex!

8. sandy from iowa says:

YORKSHIRE hands down for me …love the quietness of the towns and such..

9. Nina says:

Both, but the city in small doses and Yorkshire in large doses. And for Ed — just skip the London part altogether!

10. Betty Lou says:

I love all the videos….beautiful countryside, and interesting info. Not having been there, I don’t know if I would prefer London or Yorkshire.

About “James Herriot” (Dr. Alf Wight)

12. Karen says:

Yorkshire definitely. Such beauty and varied scenes.

Also the land of Alf Wight AKA James Herriot.

13. l'empress says:

Well, there is a difference between a city girl and a country girl. As much as I love being surrounded by trees and birds, given a choice I would choose the City. London, if I could go back. If not, Boston or New York would make me happy.

Now don’t get me wrong… London does have its beauty. I would love to ride the London Eye and get that bird’s eye view of the city, and we always oooh and aaaah through the small neighborhoods of North London as we make our way out to the big highway (M4 or A1) that leads North. But once we’ve gone the 4 or 5 hours and have arrived in Yorkshire, we have to agree, there is nothing so perfect to us…

I agree! I’d rather be in Yorkshire…than in downtown Los Angeles or London.