Mugging it up for the camera

At last. My cup and pot organizational system has arrived and is all in place. They are black metal, magnetic, pegboards (there are two of them, one on top of the other). I got them online from Diamond Life Gear, and I have to say I think I like them a lot.

cupboard0001

I was waiting for Paul to put it up as it has to be screwed into the studs behind the drywall, but I figured out a fairly simple way of doing it, and this morning I did it myself. So far so good.

cupboard0006

I got all my cups/mugs out of the other wall cabinet where the drinking glasses were kind of taking over the place. Now the glasses have a shelf all their own, and my mugs are out here, handy for my cuppa each morning next to the teakettle.

So that’s one more project down here.

As for my teakettle, it’s new and you can see it in this photo, next to the sink. It’s stainless with a black top:

cupboard0003

I got that because my older teakettle, which I loved, was a little wobbly and I was afraid it would die on me one day and I wouldn’t have a replacement. The offer was so good because besides the teakettle, it came with a free teapot and two bags of tea from England (all came from England actually).

cupboard0009

I’ve wanted one like this for ages.

cupboard0008

In England they have a teapot called a Brown Betty, and while this is not an actual Brown Betty teapot, it’s almost just like one, and it was free, so I settled for this one in place of an authentic Brown Betty teapot. I love it. It’s showing almost $60. now for this deal but I got it a few weeks ago for $49).

So that’s it for now. I still haven’t made up those other teatowel tablecloths, but when the hot weather breaks and I can open a window and get some air in here, I will do that job. Until another day…

“What we ardently love, we learn to imitate.”

“Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.”

~ R. Waldo Emerson ~

“Every hour you spend fishing adds an hour to your life.”

from “Paradise” (Don Johnson)

2003 – 2007 Archives at Diaryland

7 Responses to Mugging it up for the camera

1. Anna says:

Cooooeee!! Ha ha – found you! Thanks for your comments and support. Your house looks beautiful. xx

I love the look of your kitchen, such organization! I love the tea pot too. Most of my mornings begin with a cup of tea unless Michael has made coffee, but it is tea for me. Before we did all the moving, I had an electric pot and it worked admirably but in the moving, we have lost the electrical cord. Michael has been on-line but have not found a replacement. It looks like we may have to purchase a new pot.

I can just hear the sigh of satisfaction, see the smile in your eyes. Congratulations!

We first discovered the quick-boil tea kettles on our early trips to the UK. All the self-catering cottages have them, and I had just had never used one before that. Ever since then I depend totally on my electric tea kettle. Even though my new teapot isn’t an official Brown Betty, I’ll just call it my Brown-ish Betty teapot… close.

Nice set up! We need something like that, though right now our kitchen isn’t set up in a way that would make that work for us.

DH is a major hot tea maker. Every morning he has to have his tea. He has a Brown Betty teapot. And we have an electric kettle to bring the water up to steeping temperature.

6. Joan says:

Don’t you just love it when everything is all organized? Great job!!!!

7. sandy from iowa says: