Help! (never mind)

Somehow I ended up having google chrome and I don’t want it. Nothing is the same. I just took the update this morning from Adobe and wound up with this crap. Does anyone know how I can go back to before I got switched? There is no toolbar at the top of my pages, there is no area I can change the size of the screen type…etc. I am in a panic here. Does anyone know anything about Chrome and how to use it? Now all my passwords are gone and I have to reenter them each time….

Help?

No cheers…I hate google now!

P.S. Wait, I found by clicking on the chrome thing a pop-up box that asked if I wanted to have IE as my default and I clicked “yes” and now I’ve got the toolbar back and the magnifier is back… I wonder what else I should do to get rid of this Chrome monster?

2003 – 2007 Archives at Diaryland

8 Responses to Help! (never mind)

I’d follow Eric’s suggestion. I have used Chrome and once I figured out the whys and wherefores of the program, I was moving right along. That said, I still like Mozilla Firefox best.

2. Nina says:

Here’s what you do: go to start, then control panel, then programs and features, look for Google Chrome, it will ask if you want it uninstalled.

Like you, I no longer care/mind that my profile/shopping habits/likes and dislikes are known and recognized. Every once in a while, I clean up by asking places to unsubscribe me and Ed *religiously* calls every catalogue that comes to our mailbox and asks to be taken off the mailing list (except the two or three that I love). Otherwise, go ahead, try to get me to buy. My heels are firmly dug in!

3. Betty Lou says:

I hate Google Chrome, too, but I didn’t know that I could get rid of it. I am going to try now that I have read that you did it. I think I will talk to Michael first, though, and get his input.

I know what you mean, Eric, but this time it did not offer me any choices…no boxes to uncheck or check…it just went in without my say-so. Thank you for your help! I know where to go now for panic situations!

5. Ericmayer says:

You can go to your control panel and to add/remove programs to get rid of Chrome. I liked Chrome but it endlessly automatically updates itself — or tries when you’re on dial-up like I am — which gave me problems you probably won’t have..

Something I have noticed lately a few times, when I download a program or update, it tells me it will “helpfully” download Chrome unless I check the box to reject it. Should be the other way. We have to be on the lookout all the time anymore to avoid being given stuff we don’t want.

Well, after I changed it to say that IE was my default browser, everything seems to be OK for now. I may still have Chrome but I don’t notice it. That’s all I wanted. I also realize that when you spend as much time as I do online, and when you buy just about everything online, you aren’t going to be anonymous any longer. “They” have my number whether it be Chrome or Amazon or whoever. I am not going to worry about that anymore. Until the sheriff comes to my door with handcuffs and hauls me off for something – then I might start to worry.

7. Karen says:

Can you go back to an earlier time on your computer?

Go to your control panel and click downloads and then uninstall for google chrome or back computer up to an earlier date before you had this unwelcome feature.

8. l'empress says:

And you wonder why I shy away from Google products like Chrome and Blogger. They want all my info, which is not for public sale.

Google will always be my search engine of choice, but that’s all.