Don’t believe what I said then, believe what I say now…

Do they really think we are that stupid?

I mean the Romney thing. First he says that the 47% of the population, who will vote for Obama no matter what, are all a bunch of doofuses who don’t pay taxes and who don’t merit his attention. OK. But I knew that about him anyway, remember he was Governor for 4 long years here in MA. Now he is on the stump revising what he said, and he now says it is “100% of the people” that he cares about.

So who do you believe? The Romney who was speaking candidly in front of his billionaire friends at that cozy dinner that cost them each $50,000, or do you believe the new and improved Romney who has since consulted with some campaign guru and is changing his tune?

Well, it’s simple really. It’s like this:

You go to the doctor with a pain in your head and they do studies and the doctor sits you down and says, “I’m sorry to tell you this but you have a tumor in your brain, it is inoperable, and we can’t do anything about it, so you will just have to live with the pain of it until it kills you.”

And you go off and have a good cry and wonder what to do next.

Then at your next appointment with that doctor, he says “Never mind what I told you before, everything is fine, those MRI’s were probably wrong and you probably won’t die of that tumor that is growing in there… maybe it will be fine…just go home and think positive thoughts.”

Of course the first was the real news and the second was the news-on-spin-control.

Which would you believe? I suppose if you are a glass-half-full type of person, you’d want to believe the 2nd explanation, but if you are a realist, like most of us who work for a living and do pay our taxes all our lives, you would tend to believe the first scenario.

This guy Romney is such a fake, always was and always will be. I still don’t know how a Democratic state like MA elected him governor in the first place, we must have been desperate or something. But now that we’ve gotten rid of him here, I certainly hope we don’t have to revert back to having him as our leader once again, only this time even worse, as The President. We have a perfectly good President now, why would we want to replace him with that poor excuse for a human being?

2003 – 2007 Archives at Diaryland

12 Responses to Don’t believe what I said then, believe what I say now…

LOL! I love that Romney just released his tax return today – because he just FILED it today. Trying hard to find ways to look just like everyone else, Mitt? Not that he does, paying only 14.1% taxes – and almost all of his $37 million income from 2011 was investments – not from working.

Oh I can so relate to everyone’s comments. I am one of those 47%. It scares me to death if Mitt is elected. All I have is SS and Medicare. I worked hard for this benefit and I’ll be damned if he is going to call me a victim.

3. t.s. says:

Shoots first, then aims…

4. nina says:

So true it hurts. And don’t feel too bad about the MA thing. We (meaning in Wisconsin) contributed the second half of the ticket and I am so very sorry that you now think WI is a state of ambitious ideologues without much of an understanding of anything relevant to the functioning of an economy, let alone world politics. Really, my humble apologies. We’re better than that! And we’ll show you, come election time! (I hope.)

5. Betty Lou says:

I wish all of the people who think Mitt is “for 100% of the people” could read what you know from experience, but they only believe what they hear from him & his ilk. Too bad. But maybe we will get lucky on election day and Mr. Obama will be re-elected.

6. l'empress says:

In a State-aided pool, I paid $1,000 for health insurance because I could get no other. It ate up my IRA, but at least I had superb coverage when I had cancer.

Of course they think we’re all stupid. And Mr. Romney may be for “all the people,” but that doesn’t count the millions he doesn’t even consider people. The post is coming along; I can’t write it properly yet.

You want to know the funny side to the Romney-care law we have here in MA? At least from my personal perspective? I was semi-retired for a year before I was fully retired. So I only worked part-time. I made so little that year that when I filed my state income taxes for that year, and remember I have NO health insurance so I am a criminal in the eyes of Mitt-Witt and his ilk, when I filled out all the long complicated paperwork to determine how much in fines I would owe the State, my income came to just under the line for owing money, so I owed NO fines. But had I made just a few dollars more that year, I would have owed this State at least $1000 and I think more than that in fines for not having health insurance.

Oh that’s good. You don’t have enough money to buy incredibly expensive health insurance (It was $350 per month for me if I wanted it), so you have none, if you get sick you just deal with it at home, and when tax time rolls around they fine you more than $1000 for not having insurance. I figured it was cheaper for me to pay the fine than to pay the $350/month. I love the way they knock you down to the ground and then, just for good measure, they give you a good kick in the gut… Mitt did that for me (the twat).

8. WendyNC says:

But it’s all those “entitlement” people. You know, the ones like Bex and rhubarb, who are drawing against what they paid in to Social Security; or maybe it’s the kids who are able to get summer jobs to try to save something for college; or perhaps it’s folks like good friends of ours where she works full-time and he has a private disabily pension, but are still barely making ends meet for themselves and their child with Social Security (where she’s still paying in and he did for as long as he could work). Probably, though, the real trouble is with those soldiers and the combat pay that they get/got dealing with wars started by Republicans. Yeah, they’re it.

9. Ericmayer says:

I never imagined a presidential candidate who would make George Bush look good by comparison. Romney is beyond belief.

He has never had the backbone to stand up to the far right, and he never will. If he’s elected, Ryan will run the country and Romney will be a figurehead, just as he was a Bain Capital.

11. Sandy Freel says:

“AMEN ” TO YOUR WORDS

Methinks Romney speaks with forked tongue. šŸ˜‰