In The Telegraph recently, it is reported that “using sophisticated maths and a process known as data mining, scientists have uncovered a statistical relationship between a person’s character, lifestyle and social class and whether they like their eggs boiled, fried, scrambled or as an omelette.
In the new study, the research team found that
– “poached egg eaters are outgoing, listen to upbeat music and are happier
– boiled egg consumers are disorganised
– fried egg fans have a high sex drive
– scrambled egg aficionados are guarded, and
– omelette eaters are self-disciplined.”
Also,it was discovered that:
– “the average poached egg-eater is likely to have two children and no more than one sibling and is more likely to be a woman than a man
– boiled egg-eaters have a tendency to be careless and impulsive
– fried egg-eaters are most likely to be younger and male and most frequently found among the skilled working classes
– scrambled egg-eaters are more likely than other types to be in managerial or senior-level jobs and also to own their own home, and
– omelette eaters are likely to have a tidy home.”
~ ~ ~ ~
So which are you?
I didn’t see anything about microwaving your egg in a little butter til it’s just barely done and a little fluffy. I think they need to go back to their study and add some parameters. I do boil eggs now and then to have for egg salad and to add a cooked egg to an otherwise boring plain salad. Careless and impulsive? Impulsive yes. But I do care about stuff. Sometimes too much.