Taken by surprise – but a GOOD surprise!

Dear God,

THANK YOU!

With love,

Bex & Co.

P.S. The best thing is that Bo Obama gets to serve 28 more (dog) years as First Dog!

2003 – 2007 Archives at Diaryland

14 Responses to Taken by surprise – but a GOOD surprise!

1. reader says:

I am Canadian, but President Obama is our president too. On national radio, a reporter said that in a poll Canadians had chosen him over the Lord of Three Rings three to one.

2. Miss Rachel says:

I was also glad to see Elizabeth Warren win in Massachusetts, and the dreadful Linda McMahon lose in Connecticut. The most profound feeling I have after this election is relief.

Congratulations to the President and thank heavens the campaigning is finally over.

4. Neva Williams says:

Trump is an egotist … it is all about him, and he is a bully. I wish he would shut the ____ up!!! It boggles the mind that so many on the other side are interested in what his opinion is. He is trying to prolong his own 15 minutes of fame.

Trumps post election rant:

Let’s fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.

This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!

Our nation is a once great nation divided!

Our country is now in serious and unprecedented trouble…like never before.

The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

Obama’s response on Jay Leno:

Obama joked to Leno that the bad blood between him and the “Celebrity Apprentice” star “dates back to when we were growing up together in Kenya.”

ROFL!!!

But seriously, I’m getting really sick of Trump. He goes around using his money to try to bend the people to his will.

He obviously has no respect at all for the wisdom of our Founding Fathers and the Constitution and voting process they created – simply because the process didn’t force things in the direction he wanted. And he obviously has no respect for the people who voted, either.

And I have no idea where he gets this nation divided stuff. I’m 55 years old and way back in college I was taught that the voting is becoming tighter and tighter, because the parties are often so similar. Even back then, some 30 years ago, these kinds of close calls in elections were expected.

The man needs to be hospitalized and checked for dementia. Seriously, he’s losing it and I hate to think how dangerous someone with that kind of money and going off the deep end might be.

Reenie said: “I deleted a cranky comment regarding the angst of this election. I have nothing but best wishes for our nation.”

You know, Yahoo was showing the feelings of the people during the election coverage. The thing that I found worrisome was that 53% reported they were angry! That really makes me wonder who was angry and why, because in the end the majority ruled (though it’s not supposed to work that way in an election) and the majority got the man they chose.

So then why were the majority also angry? (I realize the statistics aren’t saying that these are the same exact people doing both things.)

I don’t know, maybe they were worried about the various problems that took place in the voting that made it look like there was vote tampering? (The biggest example I’m thinking of is the voting machines in PA that would still vote for Romney when you pushed the Obama button.)

7. l'empress says:

I fell asleep to reruns, because I just couldn’t take any more. I woke up with a feeling of relief — relief that it was over, even before I knew the results.

The campaigns in Connecticut were disgusting. We have to do something about this. (I have to figure it out, because the powers that be don’t want change.)

8. Reenie says:

I deleted a cranky comment regarding the angst of this election. I have nothing but best wishes for our nation. xoxo

9. Reenie says:

The ugly is difficult. I voted the compassionate vote: Green. Can this stop now? Shame, shame on everyone…. and I mean everyone.

10. I’m doing the happy dance over here in Korea!!!
    Yes, Romney was ‘gracious,’ tired, and perhaps a bit relieved that it is all over.

11. Michael says:

It’s over. Romney needs to go on TV and say something gracious. I’m sure they taught him in prep school.

I had to turn on Fox News the minute they announced Obama had won, and the long faces on those people was staggering. That bleached blonde who I cannot stand looked like she would barf! She kept looking around saying “So….. what does this mean? Is it over?”

Now I hear that Romney campaign is not conceding Ohio but I don’t think he matters anymore. They are grasping at straws, and I read Romney wrote an Acceptance Speech but no Concession Speech. Wonder if he’ll show his face tonight?

Yup! All 3 networks are projecting that Obama will win. Yes!

Honestly, I would have been very scared for the US if Romney had gotten in there!