When is a tree not a tree? Or is it?

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, so I’ll shut up and give you these Christmas (or are they “Holiday”) Trees made by Ingrid Jansen of the Netherlands. It’s my new favorite tree – click on the photo to see more from her, my new favorite artist:

god julwood & wool x-mas tree

Ms. Jansen’s blog, Wood and Wool Stool is a really fun place to hang out for a while if you have the time. Here are some of her cute handmade stools and other products. She also has an Etsy store.

i ♥ love seat

Ingrid Jansen visiting/shopping in London

7 Responses to When is a tree not a tree? Or is it?

1. Reenie says:

So clever and witty and beautiful – just so very very perfectly agreeable with my creative nature.

2. Nina Camic says:

The added beauty of her trees is that it doesn’t pose the burden of taking down a (dried) fresh tree. Of all holiday chores, I always disliked that one most of all.
    Very pretty, very original and with a folk simplicity to it that just makes you smile!

I love them, too Anna. Hey, maybe this could be a new occupation for you…

4. Anna says:

I love the trees! So much better than digging one up or cutting one down. I shall find pieces of wood in skips (dumpsters?) and make one.

I’m not a fan of trees unless they have roots, bark, leaves or needles. I’ve seen “trees” of electronic parts, motorcycle parts, etc., and while I think they’re clever, I prefer the real thing.

When is a tree not a tree? When it’s an object d’art. I like her pillows and blankets.

6. l'empress says:

It’s a Christmas tree, for you to enjoy. Other observances have their own symbols. It’s shameful to borrow someone else’s symbol instead of taking pride in one’s own.