Daily Photo Shoot – Day 10

The subject for the Daily Photo Shoot for Sunday, 10 February, 2013 is:

The Aftermath of a Blizzard

Sunday After Blizzard of 2013 (10 FEB 2013)

I’m trying something a little different in this entry. Rather than go through and manually insert all the photos here by hand, I am giving you a Slide Show of the photos I took this morning which I have separated into a SET at Flickr. So here goes. Have fun. Hope it works. To make it a full-screen show, click on the little box in the right-hand corner with the 4 tiny arrows in it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Paul got out this morning (the driving ban in Mass. was lifted as of 4 p.m. yesterday but he didn’t go out anywhere as they were advising against driving on the roads if it were not necessary). So he went out today and went down to the harbor in Marblehead to check on his boats. He has the one lobster boat on the (borrowed) mooring and his two skiffs down there. He came home and gave me a “thumbs up” sign that all boats were present and accounted for.

What a relief.

I hear our neighbor, who didn’t venture out his door at all yesterday, has just begun in earnest his snow removal – the snow-blowing machine has just revved up and is going. So much for a nice quiet Sunday now.

I like the sound of a single person with a shovel, slowing pecking away at the volumes of snow, rather than the loud mechanical engine noises of snowblowers. But that’s life now-a-days. I’m just lucky I have Paul who much prefers to shovel his way out of a snowstorm. If he weren’t here, I’d probably resort to hiring a lad or two to do the job for me, and it would more than likely be the loud version.

The sky is a deep beautiful blue today, as you can see in the photos. So enjoy and be happy you have power today (since you probably do if you are reading this!) because there are still hundreds of thousands in this state alone who do not.

Sunday After Blizzard of 2013 (10 FEB 2013)

Cheers from all of us here,

Bex & Co.

Some of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever heard are:

Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson singing “One More Year”

and “The Quiet Life”:

and also “The Making of “Wreck & Ruin” (this is a very good informative video of this couple:)

10 Responses to Daily Photo Shoot – Day 10

TT: He goes out to shovel before I get up so not sure how long it takes him. He’s so quiet you never know he’s removing snow. He does it in small portions… a little bit here and there… don’t want to strain anything, he’s all we have!

2. Smartiplants says:

That is just a MASSIVE amount of snow! I have never seen anything like it!

OMG that’s a lot of snow! How long did it take poor Paul to dig you out???

4. Nina Camic says:

One reason I never loved the suburbs had to do with noise: lawnmowers in the summer, always, always, every weekend day and then of course the snow blowers in the winter. True, I contributed to the noise pollution…

Here, at the farmette, Ed was gifted an older snow blower, but he just uses it for the long driveway — a two minute project. I shovel the walkway. I always find it kind of fun to shovel. Within reason!

OK, now, you be careful on those steps, y’hear? The pictures are impressive. My cat would be horrified at all that snow!

And I know what you mean about the ear shattering noise of the snow blowers….

6. sandy freel says:

Welcome Dianne…dont worry about spelling and whatever..Bex has decoded mine for years and has always been kind not to call me on it .
    Great photos today …keep them coming 🙂
    Sandy

Dianne, I thank you for coming by and commenting.

You can use whatever name you wish in the “Name” box when commenting. Dianne M. would be fine. That is the only box you HAVE to fill in. The other 2 are optional.

Yes, you can change (edit) your message for a little while (? how long ?) using the “Edit” link at the top right hand side once you’ve put the comment in. Just click on “edit” and go into the box and edit anything you want. That’s one of the things I love about JournalScape. Good comments section, easy to use.

Whatever you use in the 3 long boxes for name/email/url, will pop up again the next time so you don’t need to keep putting them in, OR you could change them if you want.

Welcome!

8. Dianne McCormack says:

As you can see by my many errors I am either a poor speller or a terrible typist. Sorry about that.

I have only had a computer for a few months , when a dear friend passed away, I was given his computer..

I live in the Albany, NY area.

Today is the first day that I can recall ever writing a comment on anyone’s journal, web site or the such.

If I should want to write again at a future date, will I need both names? Will I have a chance to correct anything before it is posted ?

Where abouts do you live, Dianne? We got between 18″ and 2′ of snow.

I have found that in order to view videos on YouTube properly, you need to have an updated RealPlayer on your computer. I went to the RealPlayer site and uploaded the newest version for free and since then I can view any of their videos great. Before it was spotty and stop-and-start all the time.

10. Dianne McCormack says:

I have been enjoying getting yur journal entires each day and especially the ones so far in February.I liked the one about your friend visiting and got a kick out of the fact you exchanged Christmas presents in February.

In the last few years my friend Barbara lived near by, actually was a neighbor We ended up going out to lunch and exchanged our Christmas presents. For some reason we just never got around to giving our gifts until weeks and even months after Christmas. What fun, especially when we saw the looks on the faces of those who had been waiting on us, when she saw the Christmas gift wrap.

For some reason I can’t get any of the videos. I checked comments and saw that others got them ok.

Snow note – where I live, we got about 6 inches of snow, far less then predicted.

Dianne