Daily Photo Shoot – Day 16

The subject for the Daily Photo Shoot for Saturday, 16 February 2013 is:

Lassie Come Home, or Here We Go Again!

Some days the only interesting thing that happens is my morning Classic Movie on TV, which today was a nice surprise:

16FEB20130021

“Lassie Come Home” – with Roddy McDowell, Elizabeth Taylor, made in 1943, and of course Lassie.

16FEB20130030

16FEB20130028

As if that wasn’t enough excitement for one Saturday morning, we are (even now, at 11:30) in the midst of another snowfall:

From this earlier:

16FEB20130005

To this later:

16FEB20130031

I know. Hold onto your seats! The excitement is almost too much to stand.

Then you will also want to keep your dander down with this little side trip over to the shelves in the dining room where some old photos and little tiny cottages reside:

16FEB20130015

Paul getting his Eagle Scout Award, and Bex on her 1st Birthday

Last but not least, the tiny cottages that we collected on our trips to England. I wish we had a better spot for them but at least they are visible each day:

16FEB20130013

I took a shower, washed my hair, haven’t eaten yet and now it’s almost lunchtime so will mosey on out to the kitchen and rustle up some grub… gotta keep up the energy level for all this earth-shattering activity around here, dontcha know…

And I’ve pretty much made up my mind now to never go on a Carnival cruise in my life. Oh, I know, some of you love them, but I never really wanted to go on one anyway, and after seeing what can happen, well, that’s put me right off ocean cruising in this lifetime anyway.

Bex-your-friendly-neighborhood-shutter-bug

and Friends

15FEB20130004

6 Responses to Daily Photo Shoot – Day 16

Bex, we saw two Carnival ships when we were in Nassau Bahamas travelling on a Norwegian Cruise Lines ship. The Carnival ships were dirty with paint peeling!

DH and I said to each other then that if that’s the way they take care of their ships then we’ll NEVER take a cruise on Carnival – but we’re just fine with going on either Norwegian or Holland America.

I have several little ceramic cottages that were made in England. They’re called… Oh, yeah, Lilliput Lane cottages. They’re so fun!

2. Nina Camic says:

No, not tired!

I crossed the Atlantic twice in my life on a ship. I was a braver soul once upon a time.

3. sue says:

How about a couple of shots of the “village” under the beds?

My under-bed hosts all sorts of shoes, as well as the usual giant dust bunnies.

That was weird. Two entries for today got put in here, and I had all kinds of troubles with connecting to the internet for the last few days. I cleaned up my computer with every which-way I could think of and finally things have been working OK for the afternoon. But I just noticed the two almost-identical entries, with one different comment in each one. So I consolidated the 2 comments into this one entry.

Seeing as how you are getting a little tired of this Daily Photo Shoot, I may stop doing it before the whole month is up. There are only so many ways I can do this project and I’m running out of ideas. But I went 16 days straight so that’s probably a record for me.

5. Sandy from Iowa says:

I like your small town on bookcase..all your other photos are nice too..the last one with kip butt in air was a hoot…bless him

6. Reenie says:

Trust me on this – your morning is a fire drill of activity in comparison to mine. :))))) Am off to the Green Hills Senior Center for an hour of cardio. w00t w00t.