Daily Photo Shoot – Day 22

The subject for the Daily Photo Shoot for Friday, 22 February 2013 is:

The Windows to the Soul

DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130006

Yes, he does look a little scruffy around the edges. I know. We don’t brush him as often as we should. I know, I know. But I wonder if he really wants to be brushed because every time I try to do the job, he yelps and squeals when I pull on his furs, especially those sensitive ones underneath…

DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130005 DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130019

So today it’s all dogs, mainly the funny dog of the duo. Kip the King of Crow Cottage.

DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130017 DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130013

DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130012 DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130009

DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130016

Playing? Let’s play, he says…very emphatically…in no uncertain terms.

DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130014

I AM THE KING! King Kip!

DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130013 DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130012

DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130011 DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130010

You are so funny, Mr. Kip. Woooof!

DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130009 DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130008

DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130015

That was fun. Now can I get back to my show, Mr. Dog?

DailyPhotoShoot22FEB20130002

“The Awful Truth” with Cary Grant and Irene Dunn.

But I have to admit, even with these great old movies playing on the Classic Movie Channel, when my doggers come up to me and want to play (usually it’s Kip more than Em, who is older and more civilized than the Boy Dog is), I can’t resist and I end up missing most of the movie. Oh well. There’s always tomorrow..

But you know? It’s the eyes that I love, up close and personal. It’s always that glimpse into the soul of a being through the eyes that is so mesmerizing to me.

The End.

9 Responses to Daily Photo Shoot – Day 22

I love this photo entry. I have liked all of them. But these of the puppies and especially Kip are darling. He is so full of expression.

LOVE the pictures of Kip! So CUTE!

Our pup is now also afraid of vacuum cleaners. It’s funny as he wasn’t afraid of them when he was just a puppy but now that he’s an adult he’s developed a fear – I have no idea why as we don’t chase him with the vacuum or anything. Maybe he’s just decided it’s too loud for his liking.

3. t.s. says:

Your dogs must love it there! They look so mellowed out.

4. ~ Sil in Corea says:

Kip is Mister Personality, isn’t he? Delightful photos, with so many poses and espressions!

The Nose knows….

Sandy, that’s EXACTLY what I meant by that photo, too. I almost put “The End” on it but didn’t. You are so right. His legs sticking up like that always cracks me up.

7. sandy freel says:

“cute CUTE cute ” your fuzzies are…
    I love how at the end how you have kips behind…saying this is the END of the blog today

Ha! Harriet, that’s funny. My two dogs are different with the hoover. Kip doesn’t mind it at all, he stays put while I suck up furs all around him, even ON him… but Em, she is a fraidy-kat and will run into the other room and hide under the dining room table until the monster finds her there and then she’s off upstairs. I’ve never tried to scare either of them with it so not sure why such different responses.

9. l'empress says:

Such beautiful dogs! Many years ago, I had a black Lab mix. Whenever I took out the upholstery tool to vacuum the steps, there was Inkiy, pushing his head underneath. He loved to be vacuumed.

(Attachments only; he lifted his leg to the upright.)