Daily Photo Shoot – Day 25

The subject for the Daily Photo Shoot for Monday, 25 February 2013 is:

Be Careful What You Brag About…

Do you remember back one day when I was writing about being the “chosen ones” because we were getting blessed rain rather than non-blessed snow the other night? Yeah, well… here we were this morning:

snowsnow0005

and

snowsnow0003

That was what it looked like outside when I first got up. Well, not really. When I first got up, it was still dark outside so I couldn’t get any photos, so I went back to bed for a couple of hours, and this was what I woke to at my later hour of rising.

After about an hour or two, the landscape had turned to this in the front garden:

Snowmore0003

Snowmore0016

Snowmore0011

Snowmore0005

But there is one thing good about this day, and that is the gloriously blue skies, and thus the melting of most of the snow from the tree branches/limbs and wires.

Snowmore0012

As much as I say I don’t like the snow, then that is how much the dogs say they DO LOVE THE SNOW! Oh yes, they are loving winter. They eat the snow, and whether or not it is good for them I don’t know, but I imagine it’s like a child having a snow-cone… it’s just fun to eat snow!

Snowmore0006

So that’s the long and the short of it, the cold and the warm of it, the rain and the snow of it, and the here and the then of it.

I have to chuckle when I hear residents on the news each night saying “I am hoping this will be the last snow of the year now…”

We’ve got March to get through yet here, folks! We’ve had some doozy snowstorms in Marches and yes, even in Aprils, before, so we aren’t done yet.

I’ve only got 3 more of these Daily Photo Shoot entries left to do for this month. I will not continue this practice after February is through. It’s been a struggle for me, one who was never good at writing an entry on a very regular daily basis before, so I’ll go back to my sporadic entry after this month is at an end. Thanks for all your comments and words of encouragement, though. They have been very much appreciated.

The End.

6 Responses to Daily Photo Shoot – Day 25

1. T.S. says:

The snow looks delightful. A rare sight on the California coast.

2. Nina Camic says:

It’s been great, Bex! But I really understand the tedium of having to come up with fresh material daily when life doesn’t offer us story book images!

I’ll take your irregular postings — they’re great as well.

Meanwhile, your snow scape looks gorgeous and snow is as good to drink as water taken from a well.

3. ~ Sil in Corea says:

😉 A wink to Eric, as I’m the same, rebel-wise.
    This has been a fun series, for sure, Bex. I really appreciate seeing what changes the coast of New England has gone through this month, and more about Crow Cottage’s interior, as well. Your fur kids are beautiful and chuckle-worthy!
    {{{{Hugs from Korea}}}}

Yes, March can bring snowstorms but at least the snow melts fast.

About your excellent photo adventure….Maybe just throw some photos in when you feel like it. I can always meet a real deadline or a self-imposed deadline for something that must be done but as soon as I try to discipline myself to do something that isn’t strictly necessary I find myself immediately rebelling against my own authority!

Beautiful!

I hate to say it but right now we have a forecast for 3-6 inches of snow between Tues and Wed afternoon – and we’re supposed to get more through Wed night. So you might have another storm heading for you, Bex.

6. sandy freel says:

WOW..Winter wonderland for sure..we are to get a lot on tue nite…I will try and use it up so you dont get more.
    I sure have enjoyed your photos each day..I am sure the others have enjoyed also .
    All good things come to a end at some point ..fun ride it was:-)
    Love the end of your blog with kip .