IT’S SNOW JOKE ANYMORE!

I was reading a British online newspaper and this picture just about says it all for the people there who are experiencing really horrid winter weather right now – what a face!!

Take a look at what is going on in what is usually a mild weather area in England this time of year:

I heard from my friend Sheila, who lives in the Yorkshire Dales, and she said she was “snowed in” – again! I never imagined that it was THIS bad!

At least I have heard from Sheila, in fact, several times yesterday, but I have not heard from my other friend, Bill D. who lives in West Yorkshire, south of where Sheila lives. I’ve just emailed him now and hope I hear soon. He may be one of the unlucky ones who have lost power with this latest storm. (ADDENDUM: Bill D. just wrote me and says they are OK and still have power and heat there, so a big THANK YOU to All That Is for small favors!)

I am saying prayers that you all make it through this weather and that soon, very soon, spring will decide to show up – for all of us!

7 Responses to IT’S SNOW JOKE ANYMORE!

1. Debra Nance says:

Wow, now that is a serious snow job! I will pray for all those caught up in such circumstances. Must be awful if you weren’t prepared – and who would be prepared at this time of year!

Just wish them a loooooong slow warm up, or otherwise the flooding will be horrible!

Over here, we’re finally getting into spring temps and the snow is melting. Yay!

I can remember walking along the roadside with the sides of the road that high. No thanks for me. I hope things begin to warm up soon for them.

4. Betty Lou says:

What an awful time (Spring) for this to happen – but I guess it would be awful no matter when it happened. I hope they get relief soon. And I love the picture of the bird.

Goodness, gracious! I hope this is the last of winter for them. I love the “reduce speed” photo–got a chuckle out of it.

6. Wishing them all the best over there!

I guess when this kind of weather is a rare event it hits people very hard. We get a lot of snow every winter. But it is expected and our infrastructure is developed to deal with it.

Mother nature commands respect!

We were lucky when we moved here years ago, during the month of April. We needed heat that spring, the electricity and the electric heat were lost for days on three separate occasions during that first April. Not wanting to need to evacuate during power outages in the winter months, we had a masonry heater installed. One cannot rely on public services where we live.

7. Sandy Freel says:

Yes the face on the bird says it all.
    I have been out shoveling but dont have that much.
    Poor England…prayers for all that are i the mess with no power…that sucks big time.