A Leg for a Leg and Justice for All

As you can imagine, we here in the Boston area are inundated with stories about the bombing victims as well as about other people who came into contact with the two brothers before the horrible event on Marathon Monday in Boston. So many of the victims have received leg amputations. What an ordeal! Imagine losing your legs? And these all seem to be young, vibrant, intelligent, lovely, beautiful people. Some lost one leg, some lost both legs. It’s just despicable.

So all I came here to say is that if we can’t get the death penalty for the one remaining bomber-brother after we give him his due justice with a trial and all the trimmings, I think a good and proper supplement to whatever sentence he receives would be bilateral above the knee leg amputations.

The bastard.

Let him see how it feels…..

Jeers for all the Evil that is still lurking, waiting to do more harm…

Bex-the-disgusted

13 Responses to A Leg for a Leg and Justice for All

1. Neva Williams says:

Happy Birthday, Bex. I hope that it will be a very relaxing and enjoyable day.

Hugs,
    Neva

2. ~ Sil in Corea says:

Hope you have a lovely birthday, Bex! Also hope that the weather is moderating and Paul is having good luck on the water. Boston,- the events just choke me up. I can’t comprehend why anyone would do such a thing. It’s like the Oklahoma City bombing…Why? Someone said online something like “a short-circuit in the brain.”

Why, thank you, TT, and everyone else!!!!

Happy Birthday, Bex!

Well, I also don’t believe in the death penalty. That’s why I suggested the “supplemental punishment” as I did. I know they won’t do it.

But I did read once that a rapist was sentenced to removal of his “maleness,” if you will, which did my heart good! That should be the norm when punishing rapists.

If you set off a bomb that leaves multiple people without legs, then lop off the perp’s legs… easy peasy. And of course, don’t offer to pay big $$’s for prostheses for him either. And I say “him” because when was the last time you read about a “her” doing such atrocious acts? Yes, I know they exist but not so much as men… God definitely got something wrong the first time and made a few minor adjustments and then made woman… I’m sure that’s how it went.

6. Reenie says:

To add to these comments: I was heartsick when I noticed most the T-shirts indicated the runners were running for a good cause – raising awareness and funds on behalf of others. It’s all beyond disgraceful.

My daughter ran the Boston two years ago and has run the NY marathon. She and my youngest, David, are training to run together in the Chicago. Gah. The terror of it all!

I have to agree with Karen. If they can draw us down to their level (and in many ways they have)the terrorists have won. Although this doesn’t seem to have been organized terrorism but just some warped individuals looking for an excuse.

The age old problem — it’s so hard to achieve something positive and so easy just to destroy.

8. T.S. says:

I used to be pro-death penalty until someone explained to me that it’s far cheaper to house a criminal than to keep his case open in the courts for years with pricey lawyers. Apparently, once someone is given the death sentence, it sets up years of appeals, which is where all the money is made.

9. Debra Nance says:

I have to agree with you. However, just make sure he receives no anesthesia.

10. Bonnie says:

I’m still thinking of his ability to look at the 8 yr. old he planted the bomb by and walk away. And he was studying medicine? Glad he didn’t continue that course.

Glad I also don’t have to defend him in our seek for justice.

11. l'empress says:

At this point in what we know (or think we know), I suspect that the worst punishment would be to put him in the care of his mother.

12. Karen says:

There are enough terrorists in the world without enlarging their ranks.
    Surely we don’t want to sink to their level while we do want revenge.

13. Sandy Freel says:

Good Blog today…I feel so bad for those that lost leg or life.
    I think the bomber should have his legs removed a inch at a time with no gas to ease pain…should take a while to go up the leg inch at a time…start with removing one foot and than other…