Feeling Fidgety and Wondering Why

I’m kind of fidgety today. Fidget. Is that how it’s spelled? Yes, I think so. Don’t know why either. Except that today starts the last phase of the murder trial I’m following. The jury found “Proven” in the next-to-last “Aggravation” phase yesterday which means Jodi Arias will get either Life without Parole or Death. One or t’other. Today starts the Penalty phase with the statements by family of both sides, pleading for Jodi’s life or death. They say that by the middle of next week we will have a result, Life or Death for Jodi. And it will be over. At least as far as we are concerned.

16 May 2013 view looking out front - curtains are really white - Kip watching the world go b y

When I got up this morning, I came down to projects I had to get done. Those little “hints” from Paul left for me to discover. The bag of bread mix left out on the counter. That bread is now in its final stages of baking and smells so good.

The granola jar slid out from its spot into the middle of the countertop, saying “hey, look! I’m empty!” The new granola has just finished baking in the oven and also smells lovely. Now I have to cut up the other stuff to add to it and put it back in the big glass jar.

The other project was new cookies. But I’m I not making those today. I think he has a few left in the cookie tin, so that project is getting put off a day.

Then, all morning there have been what appear to be street-sweeping trucks going back and forth on our little street. Which amazes me because what are they sweeping? No leaves have fallen. Our street was pretty clean of debris and dirt. But the trucks, which entered the neighborhood around 9-ish a.m. began their slow, very loud, trek up the hill and finally, after about an hour of all this, out in front of our house. In the street, it stopped right out front. Behind it was a police cruiser with lights blinking. I looked at Kip, standing there at the screen door, and he (that oh-so-sweet-collie-face!) looked up at me and we both asked each other “What’s goin’ on???”

The big truck just stopped and turned itself off. The cop car sat behind it with lights blinking, just idling. Lovely. We watched for a bit then went back into the living room and sat down. Finally they took off again. That was a couple of hours ago.

They just came back and did the same thing all over again!

I give up.

+ + + + + + + +

The grass got cut yesterday…yay!

16 May 2013 The crapapple tree blooms for only a short time and this is it.

Paul mowed the inside front grass last night. Much better. He still hasn’t cleaned up any of the back yard area yet.

16 May 2013 Back yard - white dogwood tree

+ + + + + + + +

Paul has been out lobstering every day lately. Back to work he is. That feels good. He is earning money again. That’s a good thing.

+ + + + + + + +

I had wanted Paul to get us a lottery tick as the jackpot was above $350 million last night. He forgot. No one won, so Saturday the jackpot will be close to $500 million – which is a half-a-billion-dollars! I’m going to start nagging him now to at least buy 5 $1 tickets. We need at least a chance….

+ + + + + + + +

Oh, I must take something out of the freezer for supper. I almost forgot and it’s noon already. Darn. For someone who is retired, there seems like there’s a lot to remember these days… and my memory is not what it used to be.

Kip

8 Responses to Feeling Fidgety and Wondering Why

1. T.S. says:

Hope you win the lotto!

I have small sized toaster oven pans, metal, that I do that with, TT. I put the meat onto one of those and the defrosting time is cut way down.

As it turns out, I boiled up some eggs, made egg salad and put a big scoop of it in the middle of a plateful of veggie salad for our dinner. I cooked up a few strips of bacon too for toppers. It hit the spot.

And Rhu, do you still eat meat? I was kind of under the impression that you had gone vegan or something like that. My question to the Universe is this: What does a vegan keep frozen in the freezer? I mainly keep meats but there are also the bags of frozen veggies and bags of frozen shrimp, cans of orange juice, and the home-made ice cream. But if you don’t eat meat, I wonder what makes up a person’s freezer contents?

We have an stainless steel sink. If I take a meat out by noon and turn it so a meat-side of a container is touching the metal then it will usually defrost by 5PM. The metal carries the cold away more quickly than the air does.

Bex, I do that all the time. It gets to be noonish (or later) and I start thinking about what to make for dinner. And, of course, everything is in the freezer. In hot weather I put it out on the top of the shed in the sun to thaw. In cooler weather…well, let’s say I can get pretty creative.

5. sandy freel says:

I hope the trial ends soon …think of the $$$ it is costing.
    Funny about the truck/cop car..wonder what was going on other than street cleaning 🙂

6. Bonnie says:

Cracked up at Eric’s comment. In this city that could happen.

The picture of the dog is perfect. I love looking at your yard. Mine will soon be turning brown. We hit 90 yesterday.

I’m in here during commercials, Jodi doesn’t look too confident today.

7. l'empress says:

My house is at a dead end, and vehicles — obviously driven by people who can’t read the sign — often stop in front of my house. I have to watch them, because in making their turn-arounds, they are apt to hit…a car, a trash can, etc.

When a truck stops out front, it’s a little different. Across the street is wilderness; they usually come down here because nature called them.

Maybe the cops had a report of a stolen street sweeper. Kids out joy riding. The usual thing.