When You Just Need a Smile…

Trying to clear my brain of recent “stuff” like trials, storms, hot weather, etc.

This makes me smile:

napping0001

First Em gets up on the sofa and settles herself down into the very far right-hand corner. Then Kip jumps up and he has about 3/4ths of the sofa left to pick from, and he maneuvers himself way over next to his sister and plops down almost on top of her and, since he’s such a big fluffy collie-boy, he ends up hanging his head over the edge.

napping0006

He could just as easily have maneuvered himself better onto the left-hand half of the sofa, but this is how he likes it.

Funny boy.

I don’t know how he would react when/if Emmalee were not here for him. He came here as a very young puppy,

kip and paul and em

…and he’s always loved settling in very close to his “big” sister whenever they are being still.

Em and Kippie

They are basically inseparable here. They never split up between the two levels, if one is downstairs with me, the other is also downstairs. If one goes out, the other HAS to go out. When Em comes in because she hates getting her feet wet, Kip hustles on in behind her, even if he would like to stay out longer. They are not blood-related, but they are devoted to each other. That makes me smile on a day when I really need one.

Em and Kip

Cheers for Dogs!

Bex & Co.

14 Responses to When You Just Need a Smile…

*grin* Puppers is 4, and he loves it when DH comes home, too. They sit on the stairs together, rubbing and snuggling. So cute!

Yes, Nina, Em is the elder lady. She is 8 and Kip is 5. She has started to get stiff in the rear end too, which is hard to see. She goes down the stairway slower than she used to go, but otherwise she seems quite lively, especially when Paul comes home after a long day out and the two of them do their acrobatics around here welcoming him home… you’d think they were both puppies playing!

3. Nina Camic says:

Gorgeous. And with heart. Is Em a lot older? They seem so content — but that’s really thanks to you: you’ve given them an environment where they can be in the way that they are.

LOL! Puppers is not a fan of grooming, either. He’ll put up with it for a few brush strokes and then the lip starts curling higher and higher with each additional stroke.

I’m also glad we don’t have to groom Kip! Because we don’t really. Now and then he gets a bum-wash or a brush of his furs if he has to see the dog-doctor, but otherwise he’s a lot like me… hates grooming!

Brought a smile to my face and a lift for the whole day. Thanks, Bex!

7. Bonnie says:

They sure are beautiful dogs. I’m glad I don’t have to groom kip.

Lovely, lovely. This was a great entry.

I’m reminded of two cats we had years ago. One was much older but when the new kitten was introduced they immediately took to one another. They were always curled up together someplace, usually where it was warm. Nights, when it was chilly, they found a place on top of shelves in the basement beside the furnace chimney. We eventually put some old blankets there for them.

11. Reenie says:

I love this post. Perfect – so perfect. Why can’t the whole world trot side-by-side?

12. sandy freel says:

WOW…Love for each other…Very close they are:-)
    Thanks for huge smiles

13. WendyNC says:

One dog, eight legs. Been there, done that.

14. karen says:

Cheers for dogs is right and so true.

I couldn’t ever be without them.

I feel sad for people who never let a dog or cat into their lives and hearts.