A Look Back to Stories Told

Here are a few of my older blog entries for those of you who didn’t know me then; they explain some of what I mention now and then about my dogs, previous lovely dogs, and related things.

The day our little Whitby came to live at Crow Cottage. Below, Jasmine Rose, Paul and I welcome her to the family:

whitbyfamily

“Today Was Her Birthday” about the day Whitby left Crow Cottage.

“The Whole Story” which explains more about what I wrote in the entry above, more details of how we lost the best collie girl in the whole world.

“Life Goes On” about me trying to live life without my Whitby girl.

“Almost Not Believeable” about another event that threw us for a loop involving Emmalee.

“Let Me Introduce You” about finding our new collie dog, Kip.

Welcome Home, Kippers” about the day Kip came to live at Crow Cottage, to help heal our broken hearts.

+ + + + + + + +

Note: Over the years when doing my blogs, I’ve used various sites for photos and some have gone by the wayside, so if you see blanks where photos should be, just ignore them. They are no more. You can always see my beautiful dogs at my current Flickr pages here in the Cats and Dogs set.

+ + + + + + + +

We suffered a great loss when we lost our Whitby, a female sable and white rough coated collie dog who was the light of our lives. We named her after our favourite town, Whitby, in North Yorkshire, England. There never was a better dog in all the world, in our humble opinions. But then a guy called Kip came along and poof! we were smitten all over again.

Emmalee came along after we lost our Jasmine Rose, a white collie dogger, and she saved our lives then, too.

Dogs should get medals for what they do for us. When nothing else can buoy our spirits, they do it so easily and effortlessly, it seems. A wag of the tail, a lick of the tongue on the face, it’s all just such good medicine when a poor human needs it the most.

Below, Jasmine Rose on the left and Whitby on the right.

Jasmine & Whit

Cheers from the House of Dogs,

Bex & Co.

11 Responses to A Look Back to Stories Told

1. sandy freel says:

Ha Ha…you did put the photo in of me resting with them …best pillow in town …nice warm and it fits very good under the neck :-))))).
    Also I am 5’11″…so it was a very close fit on the sofa with both of them.
    BTW…Bex is the very best to host a home…she make everything there special..you feel like a queen.

2. T.S. says:

Cheers FOR the house of dogs!

3. Reenie says:

I’ve so enjoyed these posts – walking with your family. 🙂 xoxo

Ah, Eric, you and Mary are souls after my own heart… a true pet lover. Twenty one years old? Wow. I wish we’d have a pet that long, they are never here long enough – it’s not fair. I look at my dogs and think they are half way over their lives. It feels like they just got here! They really need to improve that – dogs and cats should live a lot longer…

and here’s my friend, Sandy, snuggling up with Whitby and Jaz (white furs) on the sofa…

No, I did not make her sleep down there with the dogs, she just gets up earlier than I do and this is where I found her when I finally came down… the dogs were happy to share their sofa with aunty Sandy…

I guess I already told you about our poor cat, but she had twenty-one years! That series of blogs was very touching, very sad. It is so difficult, when an animal gets sick, that they can’t talk to you and you can’t talk to them.

Sabrina passed away two years ago and we still haven’t moved her “bed” off the space on the bottom shelf in the office. (Actually a fuzzy commode seat cover folded up) We both cried a lot. Mary says she’s sure she’s still around sometimes. And her buddy Rachel who died before we moved from New York to Pennsylvania. Last thing as we left the place in NY, Mary invited Rachel’s ghost to come along and she swears the Rachel did so.

6. Sandy Freel says:

I remember that well being with both of them..plus it was fun to snug on the sofa between those warm good smelling fuzzies

Here’s Sandy-from-Iowa when she visited us at CC – seen here with Whitby and Jasmine Rose playing in the yard:

8. sandy freel says:

Reading of Whitby makes me sad also …I feel so bad for you to have lost such wonderful (fuzzy)family over the years

Wow, Karen! That’s a lot going on in a short period of time for you. I’m not sure I would have survived that.

Just re-reading my entries about Whitby have got me crying a good hard long cry all over again. It was 2007! You’d think I’d be “over” it but I am never over her. Never. Just the sight of her in a photo or even the thought of her sends me over the edge. I guess that will never change. Kip and Em are here, thankfully, but without them, I just don’t know…

10. karen says:

Your story has happened to us many times. We have always had Collies and others and cats.
    I just returned home this Holiday weekend from the vets with my Chihuahua Desi. He was in earlier in the week for diarrhea(3months) and picked up kennel cought(the kind that is not in the inoculation for other versions.
    This is after our collie Maia had surgery a nonth ago and I am pet sitting Moxie(a Shi Tzhu). I guess the cats can possibly get it too.
    Once we lost a Collie and a Shelties within 2 weeks of each other and our last foster Collie Bella(died within 3 weeks of being rescued.)
    I truly understand both your love and your pain.