Breaking News!

All I have to say is this:

Sabine Lisicki just beat Serena Williams at Wimbledon (tennis) a few minutes ago.

[Click the link to see and read all about it.]

Everyone had bet that SW would be in the finals. I was hoping not, but I was in the minority…

A friend from England (Bill D – thank you) with whom I was emailing just now, alerted me to the fact that Serena was in jeopardy of losing her match even as we wrote, so I turned tennis on and saw Lisicki win her last 2 points of the match to beat Serena.

Wow.

This is a happy happy day for this tennis lover.

Now Andy Murray is playing and although I’m not a huge fan of his, the more I see him play, the better I like him. So I will be rooting for Murray to win the men’s side, and for that beautiful Sabine Lisicki to win the women’s side… oh you beautiful, beautiful woman!

Cheers for small miracles,

6 Responses to Breaking News!

1. Irene Bean says:

The article is perfectly charming.

Like you, Reenie, I wish I’d stuck with the piano lessons and French in school. I took two years of French and know next to nothing of it. But it is one language I wish I could speak.

I had a best friend growing up and she went on to study French and became a French teacher at a junior high in Bedford, NH. Her name is Hilary. She became like a legend in that town (and in fact just retired from the job) where everyone knew her as “Madame Meyers” and I guess she was/is a very well loved French teacher. Turns out that “Madame Meyers” (my old friend Hilary) is the mother of Seth Meyers, of Saturday Night Live fame…yes that one… (as well as Josh Myers who is also in show biz). Hilary was/is a one-of-a-kind woman, always the star of the school plays, a singer,and generally extremely intelligent and talented.

Here’s a write up on her family including Seth in the local NH newspaper.

3. Irene Bean says:

I am always, always so impressed that you are such a dedicated sports follower person. Bravo! I wish I’d developed an interest as a spectator. Also wish I’d stuck with the piano. French too. 🙂

Well there is one wish come true!

Well there is one wish come true!

6. sandy freel says:

SO GLAD someone beat her..thanks for all info on the subject.