The Lobsterman makes the Big Time

Paul was interviewed recently by Marblehead Patch, a local on-line newspaper, while he was selling lobsters at the Farmers’ Market in Marblehead. I just found it today:

Click for video and story HERE.

Notice the lobster shirt, which I gave him for his birthday this year, and the great lobster flag he displays which I gave him many, many years ago.

Do you think he has a New England drawl?

I think he did very well considering he had no prior notice or practice for this little video.

Cheers for the Big Guy,

12 Responses to The Lobsterman makes the Big Time

Sorry some of you can’t get the video – but when you go to the link on my page… and click on the arrow in the center of the picture… you must wait while it spins for a good minute or a bit more. This web site loads in slowly… but it does come on after a wait of about 60-70 seconds, which in cyber time is an eternity to wait for anything.

In this case, my feeling is that it’s worth it to hear/see Paul do his little schtick…

2. ~ Sil in Corea says:

I think he did a really fine job! It was good to hear him talk. The North Shore accent is a lot like the one I grew up with in York County, Maine. He looks and sounds so much like my late cousin George who fished out of Wells! George also built lobster boats.

3. T.S. says:

Nice photos and yes, very cool shirt. The video didn’t spin for me either. What a satisfying life it must be to be out on the water each day!

4. Betty Lou says:

The pictures are great – and Paul is quite the thespian. He did a really good job of explaining about lobsters, and his role in the lobster trade. (Especially with no prior warning.) Nice shirt and Banner, too.

5. Bonnie says:

He certainly did real well for the short piece. I remember your link to Julia Child on preparing them. I’ve had lobster tail years ago when son’s friend brought it. I liked it, hubby wouldn’t touch it.

Eric, I can’t see the embedded page on my desktop computer upstairs but I can see it fine on my newer laptop. I do not have dial-up but whatever else there is, I am so IT illiterate… did you go to the link for the page I put after the embedded page? Or do you just not get ANY videos ever, at all?

7. Ericmayer says:

Aw…I can’t see videos on dial-up! Neat though. Hope it brings in some business πŸ™‚

8. Sandy Freel says:

What a great story he told…as always he is good at the chat on what he knows so well

LOL is right, TT… actually that’s the 2nd lobster shirt I have given him, both made by hand from a place in CA – stenciled on the fabric… the other one is more colorful and he has been interviewed in the other shirt, as well.

Here’s a photo of the other shirt:

</a

LOL! Well, Bex, that man of yours just has star quality written all over him – interviewed, again! (*whisper* Then again, it just might be that the media loves that shirt you bought him. πŸ˜‰ )

Y’know… Paul told me last weekend that some woman came by from Marblehead Patch and interviewed both him and the man who runs a vegetable stand, Cider Hill. So he said it should show up sometime in the near future.

Well, I watched for it every day and never saw it. I did see the Cider Hill guy the other day but no Paul. Then, a week later, today, he came home and said a customer told him she saw it on The Patch recently!

What??? I had missed it completely. Well, I found it and thought it was very well done…short but sweet.

12. What a treat to see your loved one in his element! Love the shirt, and the banner, and the lobster talk!