In an English Country Garden

Sometimes in the life of a blogger, you have to just come in and write something totally off the wall, even if your heart isn’t 100% in it, even if you are moping around and have no ideas, no muse in attendance, and just no inspiration going on. And the reason you have to do it is that some of your cyber friends/readers/followers – whatever – will think you have dropped off the edge of the Earth or something, so you need to show up at your blog and sign back in with the world.

So here I am – signing in.

My brain is a blank lately. My baseball team lost the first game of the post-season series to Detroit last night. In 9 innings, the Sox got exactly ONE hit but NO RUNS! That is horrible. We lost 1-0. Granted, Detroit’s pitcher was amazing, but still, c’mon boys-of-summer… don’t let this happen again tonight.

So here is a photo for you that I took back when we were last in England – in Yorkshire specifically – showing my idea of the perfect little garden and how the British homeowners will make the most beautiful gardens out of a small-ish area:

38662564uXWktv_ph

It’s quite structured yet not ostentatious. We were just going into a little craft sale place across the road from this home and for some reason, I just thought this garden was the epitome of perfection. (Hit Cntl and + to enlarge so you can see the photo better.)

Remember, when we were there, it was springtime, so all this color was happening at the beginning of their season. All the stone walls there are covered with many shades of purples and blues everywhere you go. I love the stone walls and their flowering plants so much.

And now that I’ve shown it to you, my Kip is hounding me to get up and let him out! He hears Paul clambering around downstairs (Paul’s home today, too much wind on the water) and Kippie wants to get outside so he can snoop around in the garden and see what’s happening out there.

And that, as they say, is THAT! I did not drop off the edge, although if I knew where the edge was, I might want to explore the possibilities of doing just that sometime! But for now, I’m still here…

Bex-the-reluctant-blogger

It’s in every one of us to be wise;

Find your heart, open up both your eyes.

We can all know every thing without ever knowing why.

It’s in every one of us, by and bye.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

11 Responses to In an English Country Garden

1. Bonnie says:

I’d have to find a gardener to accomplish that. Doubt on our income that could be maintained in TX.

2. Sandy Freel says:

I remember that garden…thanks for posting it .

I know Michael!!!! I am VERY worried. My motto for today has been “We have met our match and it is Detroit!” It wasn’t pretty what happened last night. And I’m glad it’s on late here (8:30) because I go up to bed at 8:30 and I listen to the game on the radio, so I don’t have to “see” them lose… oh dear.

And Michael… me 4 days off, YOU 4 months off! I’d say you are due… c’mon, update us on all things Buntsign!!!

4. Michael says:

Four whole days between posts? That’s outrageous!

I’m a little worried about the Sox, Bex. That was Detroit’s third best pitcher.

Good to see another post. Alas my blogging inspiration has been on life support but yours is an interesting post. Yes, English gardens of whatever size can certainly be exquisite. Although I have heard UK city dwellers refer to back gardens when they are talking about a small area of bare pavement enclosed by walls.

6. Neva Williams says:

It’s always good to ‘see’ you here, Bex.

7. T.S. says:

Lovely, inspiring. The English are so good at their gardens!

8. Daisy says:

The garden in the photo is lovely. I think we all go through dry spells when it is difficult to think of what to write about. Glad to hear all is well with you.

9. Reenie says:

I was worried. You are important o all of us here at Journalscape… and many more beyond us. I cling to the edge more than people realize. Sometimes life just isn’t easy, is it/ xoxo

Don’t thank ME Wendy, thank Reenie – she wrote to me wanting to know why I was MIA so there you go…

11. WendyNC says:

Bex, thanks for hanging in and continuing to post.