At the Mooring in Winter

Our “home town” of Marblehead, Massachusetts, has its own Wikipedia page. Not so surprising. But you know how, on those pages, there is usually a photo of the subject item over on the right-hand side near the top? Well, this is the photo they have for their page on Marblehead:

You might also notice that there is a blue lobster boat on the left in this photos, and yes, you guessed it! That is Paul’s boat, “Bollocks!”

Cool, huh?

Paul is, a lot of times, the only working boat in the harbor over the wintertime and, thus, he ends up being the subject of many photographers’ photos. I find his boat floating along in the cold waters of Marblehead many times by chance someplace online in my travels.

That’s all. Back to work.

Cheers for the working boats (and for the men & women who work them),

It’s in every one of us to be wise;

Find your heart, open up both your eyes.

We can all know every thing without ever knowing why.

It’s in every one of us, by and bye.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

8 Responses to At the Mooring in Winter

For a quiet man Paul sure has made a mark in your area, between commentary in papers and video and pictures of himself and his boat. Good for you, Paul!

Reens, I have been to Long Island exactly one time in my life. My 1st husb. and I had to take some sails to a sail loft somewhere on Long Island – I can’t remember where now it was so long ago – but it was fun. I always wished I’d gone back there and spent more time visiting that area, it’s very interesting.

3. Irene Fulton says:

So many of your photos take me to my childhood on Long Island. This is an exceptional photo.

4. Michael says:

Look at Paul, representin’! Awesome.

How cool that we have a famous lobsterman/boat in our midst!

That’s extremely cool. Fame!

7. Sandy From Iowa says:

went right to wallpaper on my computer…a “WOW” photo for sure.

8. karen says:

Watching the game tonight? Cheers from Tiger Land.