O. M. G. We did it…A World Series in Boston this Year

Boston Red Sox are going to the World Series!

We just won the Pennant – the American League Champions.

Can you be-LIEVE it???

We went to bed a while ago, I listened on radio. We were up 1-0 for a while….. I got sidetracked and listened to music (my new CD by Gregory Alan Isakov… love him).

Anyway, went back to radio and Detroit had pulled ahead, 2-1.

Drat.

Listened for a while… then IT HAPPENED. In the 7th inning, our beautiful right fielder, Shane Victorino, with the bases loaded, hit a GRAND SLAM HOME RUN to bring the score to 5-2 Boston.

I went nuts in my bed. Two more innings to go. Six outs left… I HAD to come down and watch it for myself…

Pitcher Craig Breslow was brilliant in the 8th. Three outs. We struck out in the 8th.

Ninth inning, Koji Uehara, our brilliant closer, got em out and Boston won the Pennant after a dismal last place in 2012. New manager, a lot of new players, but this team ROCKS. The MVP of the ALCS was Koji who is from Japan. They asked him in the ending ceremony what kind of stress he felt in those last three outs, and after listening to the interpreter ask him, he translated “I thought I would throw up!”

Everyone at Fenway is on the field hugging, laughing, hugging some more… it’s a love fest out there… I heard fireworks going off somewhere in the night – here 18 miles north of Boston… Boston must be rockin’ and rollin’ right about now.

OK. Enough. I can’t believe it but we are going to the World Series… Cardinals here we come… get ready…

Cheers for the Best Baseball Team EVER!

Bex & Co.

It’s in every one of us to be wise;

Find your heart, open up both your eyes.

We can all know every thing without ever knowing why.

It’s in every one of us, by and bye.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

13 Responses to O. M. G. We did it…A World Series in Boston this Year

Joan, I know what you mean about Shane… I love him too!

2. Joan says:

As a Phillies fan, I really miss Shane Victorino..I have his jersey!!!! I’m so happy he’s playing for a winning team! Good luck!

DH and I watched the entire game. It was slow going the first several innings – but, boy, did that grand slam homer make up for it!!!!

DH and I just love Uehara! He is so cute at the end of a game, running up to David Ortiz and jumping over his shoulder. And he’s always so excited when he wins. Makes me smile.

There’s no doubt that Uehara was nervous in the closer of the last game, though. I’ve never seen him so rattled. The way he was breathing, you’d think he was about to faint. But he did great and they won!

Can’t wait for Wednesday and the first World Series game!

4. ~ Sil in Corea says:

Congratulations! The Sox are our New England team, so I root for them. 🙂 A team with a fan base that includes Stephen King has to be amazing, right? 😉 The storekeeper on the corner by my house is a baseball fan, so I will be down there watching!

Aww, thanks Karen. That’s very big of you! I didn’t realize Detroit was your town. I really thought they’d beat us… you have a darn good team, despite what the talking heads tell us. I think we just got lucky a lot of the time this year.

No I was not born in Boston. I was born in Medford, MA, (very close to Boston) and moved to Marblehead when I was 4. Live now in Salem.

I did do a stint of a year working in Boston at the old New England Deaconess Hospital on Francis Street, and lived next door to it in a one room apartment. That was challenging. Just down the road from Fenway. I loved living in Boston back in the ’60s.

In fact, the day my Mom and I moved all my worldly belongings into that little apartment just off the Fenway, we got stuck in a huge crowd just outside Fenway Park at Kenmore Square and didn’t realize that the Sox had won the pennant that very day, and the crowds were going wild in the streets, climbing over cars, whooping it up. That was in 1967 I believe – the day the Sox won the pennant I moved into Boston.

Congrats to both of our teams…we did well this year.

6. Baseball has been very good to you this year!

7. karen says:

Well Bex,
    You are happy, I am sad. I am still proud of our Tigers and if it couldn’t be us, then I love that it’s you.

I am a born Detroiter but left as a youngster. How about you? Are you a born Bostoner?
    My ancestors first settled in Boston so I can be somewhat happy for them and especially after the bad happenings there this year. Of course Detroit could use some cheering up too. Your Friend and Fellow lover of all things British and Collie.

8. Betty Lou says:

Congrats ! I’m happy for you.

Well you had a long drought there but it looks like this century will be better than the last one!

Thanks you guys. I surely will enjoy it. Even Kip has a spring in his step this morning – knowing that “his team” did what it did. He is amazed, as are we. He wouldn’t miss a game either!

11. Michael says:

Congratulations to Red Sox Nation. To come from where they were last season to the World Series in one year is a huge accomplishment. I know the feeling of being a fan of a team that is better than people think they are. Enjoy it, Bex!

12. Neva Williams says: