Game Five, Sox 3, Cards 1 – Comin’ Home

I just heard that the Sox are having a hard time deciding who gets the MVP for the World Series – closing pitcher Koji Uehara, DH/first baseman David Ortiz, or pitcher Jon Lester.

I don’t really care who gets it, but just having three players who could get it, says a lot about our team this year. Personally, I think Dustin Pedroia should be in that mix, as well, although his at-bats have not been anything special. But defense is a very important aspect of this game, and he’s great in that area.

One of my personal favorite players this year is Jonny Gomes. He is a one-of-a-kind and brings a lot of surprises to this team. He’s also got the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen on a man!

So onward and upward. I know we are all weary of this race, but there are just two more games, and only one needed for the Sox to win their third World Series in this new century.

Go Sox!

Cheers for my team,

1918 Red Sox – The last time the Sox clinched a World Series title in Boston

It’s in every one of us to be wise;

Find your heart, open up both your eyes.

We can all know every thing without ever knowing why.

It’s in every one of us, by and bye.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

9 Responses to Game Five, Sox 3, Cards 1 – Comin’ Home

Y’know Sil? I had read that info about the Tour de France starting in Yorkshire a while ago, but thank you for the link… I will read more now.

How did your baseball team do recently?

2. ~ Sil in Corea says:

Yay, Sox!!! Hey ~ Hey ~ All The Way! This is thrilling!

In other news, Yorkshire article on the Beeb:
    The Tour de France is going to start there next year.

3. Michael says:

It’s your team, Bex, you can give out as many awards as you want! My opinion is that Ortiz has done enough in the first five games to get MVP even if (shudder) the Sox end up losing the Series.

4. Daisy says:

I don’t follow baseball, but I do agree he has pretty eyes! Good luck to your team, Bex! 🙂

But Mike, where would the Sox be without Koji? I think they should split it 3 ways!

6. Michael says:

I can’t believe there’s any doubt that Big Papi is the MVP of the Series. He’s hitting over .700 while the rest of the team is under .200. Nobody has ever dominated like this on offense. Plus, he’s the spiritual leader of the team, the way Hunter Pence was for the Giants in 2012. He should win it unanimously. Please, no pitchers. Let them get their own award.

Although… where would they be without Jonny Gomes’s home run? As you probably know, he’s proudly from Petaluma, a town that’s about ten miles from where I’m sitting right now.

My fingers are crossed.

8. Betty Lou says:

Yay ! Things are looking up !

9. karen says: