Game Six, Sox 6, Cards 1 – Sox Are World Series Champions!

Can you believe it?

100_0678

The Boston Red Sox have won the World Series Championship – for the third time in this century, and for the first time at home at our Fenway Park since 1918 – we had to wait 95 years to celebrate here at home with a final win.

100_0704

No 7th game necessary.

Un.

Be.

Liev.

Able.

I can hear the fireworks from here.

I am too happy and excited to type any more. Paul and I watched the entire game together, downstairs here in the living room, for the first time all year. We normally are in bed long before the 7th inning has even come and gone! But we stayed up for this one, and it was worth it!

Thank You, Red Sox, for a fabulous baseball season!

Congratulations to Manager John Farrell and the Boston Red Sox!

Now cue the Duck Boats!

With love,

Bex, Paul, and Kip & Em

xox

It’s in every one of us to be wise;

Find your heart, open up both your eyes.

We can all know every thing without ever knowing why.

It’s in every one of us, by and bye.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Niamh Parsons

13 Responses to Game Six, Sox 6, Cards 1 – Sox Are World Series Champions!

1. Irene Fulton says:

Well, I did indicate that I was happy for you. That should count for something from this non-sports-minded person. 🙂

2. They won! Must have been due to your great loyalty!

3. Betty Lou says:

Yay ! I’m happy for you, Bex !

Thank you all. I can get through the winter now and look forward to an even more interesting summer with the Sox in 2014. I hope we don’t lose too many of our favorite players.

5. Karen DiCicco says:

Happy for you Be & for all the people of Mass., particularly Boston.

The best team won!!!

Congratulations to the Red Sox. Oh how it pains me to say that. But from worst to first is amazing. Honestly, considering the state the team was in last year, who would’ve predicted a championship this year?

I agree the anchors for the Series were less than stellar, but that’s what you get if that’s the only game you see. Or just the Series games. You need to watch as a faithful fan all season long, and that’s when you get to see and hear the real great commentators, your local guys ususally, who know every inch of this game and the players. For us it is Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy on TV and on radio it is Joe Castigliano and Dave O’Brien. Four fabulous sports commentators who brought this game to life with every opening pitch and served up an enthusiasm that led us all the way through to a final victory last night.

So yes, the national guys were awful, but we didn’t care. I had the radio on throughout the game, listening to “my guys” Joe and Dave, and it was pure heaven for us for one evening in October.

Happy Halloween everyone.

8. Sandy Freel says:

“Y I P P Y “

9. Michael says:

Congratulations, Bex! The Sox are worthy champions, a group of guys who love the game and play for each other.

Your team will be champions all next season, which can be quite a distraction. That sometimes makes it hard to repeat, no matter how good the team is. The point is to enjoy every minute of it, because it doesn’t happen every year.

The end of the season is always bittersweet because there are always some players who will move on. I’m glad you were able to be part of this magical moment.

10. l'empress says:

I actually turned on the game tonight, since there was nothing on opposite that appealed to me at all… I grew up within fifty miles of New York, and I always will be something of a baseball fan, in spite of what they have done to the game.

But no matter which team you may root for, I thought the coverage was terrible. These professional sports “journalists” who cover the games do not really know anything much about the individual teams or players. Every other play was interrupted by a clip from some other game (not even a replay from the current game), and the rest of the time they were just glorying in the sound of their own voices.

The fact of the matter is that professional sports have become more expensive than ever, but it has nothing to do with the game. The enthusiasm of fans is despite the extraneous material, though they manage to build their own excitement.

Sorry Reens… you can’t dampen our joy tonight! Boston is the winner of this championship and no one can deny it.

Yay Sox!

12. Irene Fulton says:

Yea for you – but I have trouble feeling happy for any team these days. Cards/Sox or Reps/Dems. Nothing feels good. Sorry. But everyone seems the loser these days.