Another beauty bites the dust

Do you know who this woman is?

OK. She’s pretty enough, IMO, but she’s not the same anymore! This is a woman whom I’ve always loved, and one of the reasons I’ve loved her (and I know it’s a very shallow reason) has been her face. There has been something different about her and it’s been her “cash cow” up til now.

But she has caved.

The photo above is OK. She looks healthy, vibrant, and fine – for someone else — but it’s not “her” anymore!

Here

is

who

that

face

above

really

belongs

to:

Renee Zellweger! Left: After — Right: Before

Bridget Jones where did you go?

This rearranging of what Mother Nature gave us is getting a bit out of control. I know there are people who are much worse than Renee. She actually looks nice in the “after” picture on the left, but she isn’t “Renee” anymore. Well, she is Renee, but different now.

Those eyes of hers are gone now. Those “Simone Signoret eyes” …

that I’ve always been in love with on Renee… are gone. They are just regular eyes now. Not that special.

Why, Renee? Why did you do it? You were so beautiful the way you were?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I think there is a time and place for plastic surgery, especially when it’s aimed at repairing something awful or some defective feature, but actors/actresses, the rich and famous have gone way too far in their search for physical perfection, and I am so sad that it’s happened to Renee.

I don’t think there’s any going back, either. Just take a look at one of my other favorite actresses, before and after:

Melanie Griffith

My favorite movie of hers was Working Girl:

Then we have one of the saddest transformations of all – Meg Ryan — why, oh why did you do it?

And can’t forget this (previous) beauty – Priscilla Presley:

Of course, the men haven’t escaped scott-free either:

There’s the most famous plastic-surgery-gone-bad of all time…

Can’t leave out another horror surgery gone wrong, Kenny Rogers – amazing…

But my main woman here, Renee, was what got me going. Just can’t get over the loss of her spectacular (former) face:

Left: Beautiful (before) — Right: Average (after)

I know there are many, many more. It seems that every day one or more of our favorites have gone under the knife and have changed their appearances forever.

Now don’t get me going on tattoos… that’s a whole ‘nuther story!

Cheers for the natural look,

It’s in every one of us to be wise;

Find your heart, open up both your eyes.

We can all know every thing without ever knowing why.

It’s in every one of us, by and bye.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Niamh Parsons

13 Responses to Another beauty bites the dust

1. Poolagirl says:

Thanks for stopping by my journal! It means a lot to me.

2. Neva Williams says:

Botox would not have opened her eyes up like that. I really liked Renee’s looks before her surgery. She was unique, and now -not so much. She is still a beauty, but more average. jmo.

I have to agree with what has been said. Why can’t folks be happy with how the HP made them.

I always thought Renee’s look was cute and pixie-ish. The only problem is that now she’s getting older and the wrinkles were really starting to come in.

From what I’ve read, the ‘experts’ think she’s just had botox injections so that means that in 3-4 weeks it should wear off and the old Renee would be back. Hopefully.

TS – what is a mud pack perm???

6. Maybe Renee needs a mud-pack perm.

7. Joan says:

I would not have known that was Renee Z. If you hadn’t told me!

8. I’m with you Bex, why mess with the gifts nature herself bestowed upon you!

9. Daisy says:

I don’t know why so many do this. It’s a puzzle to me.

10. Sandy Freel says:

SAD SAD they canT be happy with what made them a star to start with…why change…odd…but so many do it over and over…SAD

She may have “escaped with a reasonable face” THIS time, but she is now hooked… she’s done it this time and won’t hesitate once there are wrinkles here, sags there, puffiness here, drooping there… they all do it. They are not satisfied. Look at Nicole Kidman.

What a beautiful young woman she used to be.. now she looks like a mock-up version of Howdy Doody in drag. Pathetic and sad and totally unnecessary.

I agree Renee looks OK – whatever she had done (and I think it must have been eyelid surgery but her jaw-line seems to have been reduced a lot, too) was minor enough that it didn’t make her into another Joan Rivers, but she’s still young… I pray she quits now while she is ahead. But the old Renee will never be back, at least not the face of her…

I heard she has agreed to make a 3rd Bridget Jones movie and Colin Firth and Hugh Grant have agreed to do it, as well. Her condition was that she won’t have to gain all the weight she did for the other 2 movies, that she will be celebrating her new svelt, thin self in this new movie (which means her skinny emaciated self more than likely), so it won’t be the same for me.

I actually kind of like the new look, although the old look was fine also. And as l’empress says, the new look is probably less different. Usually I flat out hate the results of plastic surgery so at least Rene escaped with a reasonable face and not some godawful fright mask.

13. l'empress says:

I have never been able to figure out why someone who is attractively different would go through the pain of surgery just so she looks like everyone else.