Journey east with me – to Scotland!

Click on the photo below for a photographic journey to the Outer Hebrides of bonnie Scotland and a visit to the Standing Stones of Callanish (Calanais).

Let’s join hands, virtually, and go on a trip east of here, across the Pond, to the western isles of Scotland. It’s a photographic visit to see the Standing Stones there.

This is something – probably the only thing – that I have wanted to do before I die, but it’s just not going to happen. So when I find a wonderful little virtual tour of my dream holiday, I hop on board. Join me there… courtesy of Ann Bowker who lives in the Keswick area of Cumbria, England. Her web site, Mad About Mountains, has been a source of such pleasure for me over these last more than 13 years I’ve known her.

Enough said. Just wanted to invite you along. Beautiful photographs, good company, wild and wonderful Scottish island landscapes, and if you look real close, you’ll see Ann’s husband who accompanies her a lot on her walks/climbs.

Visit the Calanais Visitor Center if you’ve got the time.

Got your walking shoes on? Let’s go!

Bex-the-Virtual-Traveler

It’s in every one of us to be wise;

Find your heart, open up both your eyes.

We can all know every thing without ever knowing why.

It’s in every one of us, by and bye.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

10 Responses to Journey east with me – to Scotland!

I hope, TS, that this page of photos was good for you. I think you ought to try going since you are still physically able. I put if off too long and now I can’t make that trip any more. But the Outer Hebrides were always my dream… especially the standing stones which are supposed to be older than Stonehenge.

2. I wanna go! I’ve had a visit to Scotland on my bucket list for several years, being a Californian of Scottish descent who has never seen the homeland.

testing comments…1 2 3 4 …

Anna, have you ever been up to the Hebrides/seen the stones yourself? We’ve been to Keswick, Cumbria and saw the stones there (Castlerigg Stones):

But the ones I really want to see up close are Callanish… I wish we’d made that a priority when we were able to get over there.

5. Annanotbob3 says:

Love those standing stones xx

6. ~ Sil in Corea says:

Beautiful country, and the stones! I always wonder why they were raised up like that. It’s odd how they appear all over Eurasia, even in Korea. Seems like there was a lot of traveling going on after the last ice age! The two videos were exceptional, too!

7. ~ Sil in Corea says:

8. ~ Sil in Corea says:

9. Sandy From Iowa says:

Nice walk…and so enjoyed the photos…huge thanks

I’m with you Bex. Ann takes such good photos.