Goodbye Mr. Chips

Peter Seamus Lorcan O’Toole

02 Aug 1932 ~ 14 Dec 2013

R.I.P.

One of my favorite actors died yesterday, Peter O’Toole.

A very long time ago, I saw him in The Lion in Winter.

Of course, he was superb. I ran out and bought the album of the soundtrack and played that thing over and over.

Click to hear the songs from this film!

He was nominated eight times for an Academy Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role including for Lawrence of Arabia, Becket, The Lion in Winter, Goodbye, Mr. Chips, The Ruling Class, The Stunt Man, My Favorite Year, and Venus, making him the most-nominated actor never to win the award, but what a shame. He was tops in my book and always will be. The world will be a poorer place without him in it.

Goodbye, Mr. Chips – Goodbye Peter.

In loving memory,

Bex & Co.

It’s in every one of us to be wise;

Find your heart, open up both your eyes.

We can all know every thing without ever knowing why.

It’s in every one of us, by and bye.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gregory Alan Isakov – my new favorite musical artist

8 Responses to Goodbye Mr. Chips

I loved him in Man of La Mancha. I have a deep love for the play now, thanks to the way he played Don Quixote in the movie.

2. He was indeed unique and greatly talented. I need to go back and watch his old flix.

I think Goodbye, Mr. Chips was my favorite of his. I’ve seen that movie thru various incarnations but I liked Peter the best in it. I am awaiting “The Lion in Winter” to come in the post so I can view it with Paul once again.

I just read about Peter’s death. What a loss but a life well lived. I loved him in Lawrence of Arabia and The Lion in Winter. I also liked My Favorite Year.

5. Sandy From Iowa says:

He was one of my favorite guys on screen ..he will be missed for sure.

Yes, THE BEST! He lived a hard but colourful life. Apparently he had been ill for quite a while. 81 isn’t that old these days.

I’ve just ordered a CD of The Lion in Winter…

7. I would have loved to have seen him perform live theatre! Never did though.

8. Karen DiCicco says: