A Christmas Wish

To me, Christmas isn’t Christmas unless I’ve had my dose of John Denver and the Muppets. You may have noticed that I have a little poem down below on my blog pages (“It’s in every one of us…”) That is a little song that John Denver sings and the words in that song/poem are just so meaningful to me.

So here it is, in song, by the master, John Denver, and a little extra with Kermit-The-Frog…

Take a few minutes and let the message in this song permeate your spirit.

Wishing you all a lovely Christmas and Happy Winter!

Bex & Co.

It’s in every one of us to be wise;

Find your heart, open up both your eyes.

We can all know every thing without ever knowing why.

It’s in every one of us, by and bye.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For anyone who has never had the immeasurable pleasure of listening to the whole John Denver and the Muppets, A Christmas Together album, I give it to you here:

7 Responses to A Christmas Wish

I never knew John Denver had a monument. Not that I’ll ever get out to see it. That was one of the saddest days of my life – when I heard he’d died. Right up there with the day I heard Stan Rogers had died in a plane fire. Too young to go, both of them, and way too talented.

2. His plane crash monument is some 45 minutes from where I live. Think of his voice whenever I drive by it.

3. Daisy says:

I am a big fan of John Denver and love this post. Merry Christmas to you!

Oh my, I am in tears. I have been a John Denver fan ever since he used to appear on the afternoon interview show of. . . oh shoot, I can’t remember. But this video of John and Kermit just grabs my heart.

I like the Christmas lobster boat too.

I have attributed the painting, Nina, to the painter now, under the title of my blog. I see you can get cards of this design as well as many others (and I have just ordered some and heard back from Shirley Bell already!)

I also tear up every time I hear that song sung. One Christmas, when I used to host Christmas Eve at my apartment with my entire family and some close friends, I made up little song books with the words to this song, and I taught the tune to everyone by singing it a few times, and then our entire family all sung it together in unison and by the end of it I was blubbering like a crazy person!

I have some John Rutter, and I may have Clare College, must go look it up.

6. Sandy From Iowa says:

Love it…never seen it before ..
    I too also like the painting of the boat.

7. Nina Camic says:

As you know, me too! I’ve noticed the song on your blog — I’ve gotten emotional over it for decades now — ever since my girls were first young and we played it together then. We all love it. All of them, in fact. I’d say this (John Denver and the Muppets) and the songs from Clare College (John Rutter) are my two favorite Christmas albums. Of all time. Ever.

By the way, I love that Christmas lobster boat! Who poainted it?